the Rift

[OPEN] getting HIGH on clouds

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
The air swirls around us, filling my nostrils, my lungs, even teasing my wings open slightly. Its fingers run through the silky hair that lines my long, leonine tail, and lifts the dreadlocked mane that sits hotly against my warm nape. It smells of the high altitudes we are inhabiting, a smell I usually associated with flight, with motion, with travel. It was strangely refreshing to feel its cool, thin touch without exerting any effort.

My indifferent self felt pulled towards a more tranquil state, especially as the mare before me seemed to settle down as well. She seemed slightly less likely to attack or challenge me for breathing too loud, at least. Her anger, her emotion, reminded me of myself, before you left me. You had always tried to keep me steady, to temper me, and you succeeded most of the time. But I was still blunt and brash most of the time, though my heart was pointed in a generally kind direction.

Where was it pointed now?

I sigh, exhaling the air. Clouds crawl across my hide, just as they crawl across the sky. I was still me; it was impossible to take that away - but I was broken. The parts of my left behind by your departure were fragments, shards that seemed to show a different face at random. Today's delight was tired, disinterested indifference. An aloofness had found its way into my heart, an urge to explore, to fill my heart with the world, for surely that is what it would take to replace your absence.

"Surric." I say, my nose crinkling in a small, wry smile. I had no interest in being myself today, so Surric would do as a name. "Where do you live?" I ask quietly, cerulean eyes looking over her frame in quiet observation once more, noting the tones that reminded me of a rich sunset upon her wings, and the subtle markings that lined her hide. Her horns could be considered intimidating, for someone less reckless than I.

I saw them as something I might like to challenge myself against one day.

@[Arvakl]
:)
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-06-2014, 04:47 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-12-2014, 09:54 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-17-2014, 04:13 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-17-2014, 10:42 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-20-2014, 07:45 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-23-2014, 12:05 AM