the Rift

[OPEN] did my drink go bad?

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

It took some time, but finally you pulled yourself away from the caves. There was magic in there (not to mention crystals galore!); you were sure of it, but after a few days spent cautiously wandering in the semi-darkness with no success at finding either, you decided to take a break. You could always go back, but you’d prefer not to live like some bat, holed up in the darkness when you should be out in the summer sun, bleaching your coat a pristine white and ruining a few lives while you’re at it.

So you saunter out in the sunshine, your first order of business being a bath. Soon enough, you come across a stream, and you wade in gratefully, letting the water swirl around your body and kiss away the grime of the caves. There you linger for a good half an hour, splashing around lazily and drinking your fill. Then, when you’ve had enough, you clamber out the opposite bank and continue on your way, letting the warm summer air dry your dripping coat.

After about half a day’s walk, it seems that you’ve taken a wrong turn somewhere. Instead of nice, shady woods, you’re in some sort of barren and rocky wasteland. You’ve come too far to bother turning back now though, so you keep going in the hope that the trees will soon come into view again. An hour more, however, and you’re having no such luck. You’re beginning to think that you’re walking right out of Helovia and into the neighboring land when you see it.

Your mouth falls open. For one usually so good at controlling her facial expressions, you make quite a comical sight…but then again, who wouldn’t if they saw what you’re seeing. It’s an island. Floating. In the sky. Gaping, you walk closer, craning your neck in attempt to see better. Waterfalls flow off of the sides, vanishing into thin air. Well…not exactly. Thick clouds cluster around the—wait, are they moving? Faster than you can skitter out of the way, they gather around your hooves, and rapidly, inexplicably, you begin to rise.

Thankfully no one’s around, because if they could hear you screaming, they’d think the world was about to end. Shaking, you stand stock still as the cloud carries you skyward. Legs stiff, your eyes dart back and forth, as you wonder what will become of you? You knew you should have turned around. That’s what you get for wandering in this godsforsaken wasteland, Sheba, you idiot. Coming all this way only to get yourself dropped off a cloud and killed!

As if the cloud senses your thoughts, it drifts closer to the island, coming to rest in the middle of a grove of cherry trees. In a rather undignified manner, you leap off of the cursed thing, nearly tumbling to the ground in all of your stuff-legged glory. Your usual grace has been rather compromised by your unplanned adventure, and you manage a few wobbly steps before flopping onto the grass. What. Was. That.

You don’t know how long you lie there, regaining your bearings, but finally you roll to your feet and shake yourself off. You are just beginning to appreciate the beauty of the place. Eyes wide, you decide to take a little walk. You’re here anyway, right, and there’s no telling how you’ll get down. And it’s so peaceful. Not a soul in sight! So, you stroll out of the grove, appreciating the serenity…until you see him. Sighing to yourself, you roll your eyes. So much for tranquility. But, it might be worth investigating whatever this place is, so you approach him.

His back is to you, and because you really don’t feel like getting skewered on his horns (one near-death experience is quite enough for today, thank you), you call out. “Bonjour, monsieur. Can you tell me what this place is?”

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
did my drink go bad? - by Rostislav - 07-06-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 07-06-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 07-08-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 07-15-2014, 04:34 AM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 07-27-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 08-04-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 08-11-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: did my drink go bad? - by Sheba - 08-30-2014, 03:12 AM