the Rift

[PRIVATE] They Don't Know About Us

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

However long she waits, she doesn't recall. There are more pressing matters prodding at her brain. It distracts her enough to not stop and think about the worry she could inflict on her mate, sending Aodaun out to fetch her while she remains at the borders. A mistake she commonly would never make, it's one that cuts down the time she waits for her beloved, idly standing amid the mists that help chase away the sweat-inducing rays outside of the shadows. Tallsun was never a season she particularly enjoyed, with her dark coat.

She was jerked from her thoughts when Aodaun gripped onto her consciousness and tugged. Clearly she had to have been deep in thought for him to have to reach her through such violent methods. Her sheepish apologeticness flooded through their bond, only inducing a snort from her bonded as he led Eytan and Ktulu back towards his bonded. Ktu worried. Think Kota in trouble. Lakota cursed softly under her breath as she realized what she'd done, but she couldn't reverse time and make it right. Instead, she remained where she was, cursing herself for worrying her mate with her absentmindedness.

Ktulu arrived promptly, moving to her side. As they glanced over one another, Lakota made a strangled sound and rushed to her mate, spotting the dried crimson darkening her coat with rust that was clearly blood. "What happened?" she gasped softly, angrily prodding at Ao mentally for not warning her about her mate's condition. It wasn't awful, but it was still an injury, and Lakota moved in a tight circle around Ktulu to catalog all of them. There wasn't much she could do, they were rather shallow and didn't need much attention aside cleansing in one of the springs. "They aren't too deep...you should clean them before you sleep, when the bugs aren't thick. Whatever left them, we don't want them getting infected. Tonight I'll put some chamomile on it, okay?" It was a little too easy to fall into her old medic mindset, sometimes. With a soft brush of her muzzle beneath one of the cuts, frowning softly, she finally focused on Ktulu's question.

"Everything's fine, I'm sorry. I wasn't really in my mind when I sent him." Shaking her head, she lifted her muzzle to tug gently at Ktulu's mane, lovingly so. "I ran into Locket, one of the old warriors? And we were talking...I was just wondering..." her courage failed her and she swallowed hard, trying to calm the queasy feeling in her stomach. She trusted Ktulu, with her own life, why was she so nervous about the topic?

It came out in a bit of a rush. "I was wondering what you think about foals? Having them...together?" She held her breath, heart pounding, and hoped she hadn't been foolish to want children with her mate who already had two of her own.

Wash the poison from my skin, show me how to be whole again
Image Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-07-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-23-2014, 10:29 PM