the Rift

[PRIVATE] They Don't Know About Us

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

"Fuckers," she hissed, for even though they were a rather common sight in Helovia, they had hurt her mate. Superficial though the wounds were, Lakota was adamant about applying the chamomile that night. The Poisoner had all the faith in the world that Ktulu could handle a pack of wolves on her own, but it didn't mean she could simply cease her worrying and clucking. It was part of her personality, to care for those she loved, the few in her flock that had wormed their way into her heart. Ktulu was most prominent on that list, due to the disappearance of her siblings from her life. Ktulu seemed to understand, at least, that the sapphire lass was calmer when she could fuss and worry to her liking. It was a comfort to her, and her mate never objected to it. Sighing softly over the fractured skin, she trailed beneath Ktulu's throat to face her properly for the impending conversation.

Wincing internally as Ktulu pushed the subject, she sighed softly and did not rise to the bait of a potential quarrel. "I'm sorry, Ktulu. I was too far into my own head to realize what it might imply." Whether it was her words or some intervention of Eytan- Lakota suspected it was by the actions of their bears that they'd managed to get together- Ktulu calmed enough to partially accept her reasoning and await the topic she'd mentioned.

Crimson orbs turned to Eytan, then back to Lakota, and suddenly her nerves were sparking like live wires all over again. Gods, had she made a mistake? Did Ktulu not want yet another foal not fully related to their siblings? Did she simply not want more foals at all? Lakota's heart trembled at the possibilities, despite her attempts to steel it for whatever reaction she may garner from her mate. Though, Ktulu proposed an obvious complication. The Poisoner flailed for a moment, as she hadn't quite worked that out herself, when Aodaun crowed in. Moon Lady! Lakota felt like bashing her head into the nearest tree. Why hadn't she thought of that?!

"Well...perhaps we could ask the Gods? Would you even be partial to having them with me?" Her voice became both guarded and quiet, trying not to reveal how closely she held the topic to her heart and how easily Ktulu could completely destroy her with a wrong answer. "I'd carry them, or at least I would want to. I merely..." it was hard for her to speak so boldly of such sensitive things. She wasn't meant for the mushy and the heartfelt. Staring at the forest floor her eyebrows pinched and her mouth faltered into a quivering, unhappy line of nostalgia. "I merely want to be a better mother than my own. I have always wanted foals, and I cannot imagine loving any other aside from you. I don't believe I could even temporarily use a stallion," she wrinkled her nares at that, horrified to imagine practically borrowing a stallion's steed whom she had no romantic attachment with. "I know you have Hototo and Ranjiri...I won't be disappointed if you do not desire more."

Liar, Aodaun scoffed in her head. She happily ignored him.

Wash the poison from my skin, show me how to be whole again
Image Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-07-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-23-2014, 10:29 PM