the Rift

[OPEN] bioluminescence

Asch Posts: 25
Deceased
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8 Months
Brit

Asch

Soft gurgling was all that filled her aurals, no matter how she desired to hear her father's voice filling them instead. There was nothing else to carry her on, nobody else she could turn to. Solitary, she wondered if any of her family even noticed her absence. Bitterly she realized that only her twin would likely realize she was gone, if only because Asch was not there to protect her or to do her bidding. The footstool, the stepping stone, the snarling attack dog at her twin's flank glaring down any opposition and stepping in the path of any danger aimed towards her paler counterpart. Finally she'd had enough, and it had led her there, to the cool currents caressing cocoa skin. Where was her father? Talbot? They were the only ones she had faith left in, simultaneously fearing her Papa would end up just as bad as her mother and hoping he would still love her after all she'd been through and all the time they'd spent apart.

A daddy's girl to the core.

But she was a soul with no real path, lost on the tides after abandoning her life preserver in favor of freedom from her sister's side. Except, serving her twin was all she knew how to do, and so she was helpless and laden with fear for a future she couldn't see clearly. But whatever thoughts that suck her deep into musing at her own reflection, distorted by the current, are shattered by the sudden vocals of a newcomer. With the stale summer air, Asch had not been able to realize the other lass was approaching, and with an awkward jolt slowed by the tug of the water she shuffled as quickly as she could to face the other femme. Only for fear to clench in her heart and the scars upon her back to flame up, eyes wide and terrified as she scrabbled hard at the slick rocks beneath her hooves to get as far away from the winged lass as possible, even if it meant drowning.

DRAGON.

Mind shutters, falling back to Tyradon and his companion, to the memory of shoving her sister away and the scream that tore her own throat as dragon fire ripped apart the skin of her back and left her nearly delusional with pain. And around the draconic maiden were even more spirits of the companion that had scarred her mind more than it ever could have her body.

But the mare's words are gentle, and though they register in the youngling, Asch cannot form the words required to answer her as she stands tense and terrified in the water. There is nobody to comfort her, to tell her that it's okay, and it is her own willpower that has to kick in and save her from the fear eating at her mind like a fanged, starving beast. There is nobody else who will keep her safe, after all. Swallowing thickly, she managed a wary few steps forward before clearing her throat to answer, never once taking her eyes away from the other fae.

"It's...very nice. Cool." Her words are stilted as her eyes shift between Amaris, as the lady had introduced herself as, the and the spirits peering curiously at her. "Sorry," she whispered, voice a little ashamed. "I...I was attacked by a dragon when I was younger. I didn't mean to be rude." Even as her words grow stronger her crown is drooping in thickening shame and self-hatred. It was clear the draconic hybrid was shy, by the lilt of her lyrics, and she felt terrible to have reacted so violently when the young woman was only seeking friendship and perhaps a dip in the river.

"My name is Asch. Would you like to join me?" Oddly shy, she lifted her gaze tentatively to the golden girl, hoping to make amends with the offer and not scare her away or make her hate the chocolate child standing stupidly in the water.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
bioluminescence - by Asch - 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-13-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 08-14-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM