the Rift

[OPEN] bioluminescence

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
It was not the first time one had reacted with fear at her appearance. Though most kept their reactions subtle, the girl felt each one like a slap in the face. A sideways glance, a hidden sneer, a softly uttered comment; she noticed them all, and did her best to simply continue on with her life. Though she was raised in a realm where the strange were accepted, she was apparently a special kind of strange. It wasn't restricted only to her, but her father and sister as well - her mother, who was able to shift between complete forms of equine and dragon, only seemed to bring reverence in both her forms, rather than the cruel wonder and ridicule of being a mixed breed, a hybrid of souls, with both kinds of blood splashed upon her hide at every moment of the day and night, and every minute in between.

The fear that shook this filly was something that caused the dragon-girl to bow her head apologetically, sorry for her appearance, unavoidable as it was. A change seems to come over the chocolate maiden, then, but whether its from logical thought or the fact that she would have been carried off by the river, Amaris would never know for sure. The belle takes some steps closer, and the golden one's ears prick forward with interest once more. The crème-maned belle answers her query then, and the smile, small but hopeful, returns to Amaris' maw. The green and brown spirits that had settled into silence soon started chittering and chattering again, chasing each other across the field instead of focussing upon the interaction of the fillies. Their good moods and fun-filled souls filled Amaris' own with a light-hearted view on life, her own gentle nature and hopeful smile growing more confident as the other murmured her own apology, and explained the reason behind her nerves.

A small frown creased her brow as she considered the belle's words - it was uncommon for a dragon to attack another, unless with good reason or heavily influenced by another soul, like one's bonded companion. But the frown disappeared swiftly enough as the girl invited her into the water, and without hesitating Amaris nodded, and stepped her lithe limbs into the flowing liquid. "Yes, thank you." It was nice, pleasant, it did everything she had hoped it would, taking away the heat from her body (which always seemed to run hotter than normal equines anyway) and letting her cool down in this TallSun heat. When the water lapped at the underside of her belly, she stopped, and made to converse further with the other girl, this Asch.

"I'm sorry you were attacked," she began, genuinely apologetic for the actions of another. "No dragon attacks without good reason, unless they are influenced by the illogical actions of their bonded." She spoke with sadness, that such a beautiful creature could be influenced to cause such unwarranted destruction brought her grief that she felt right on her heartstrings. Her golden gaze glanced over the curious spirits who frolicked at the water's edge, their forms touching the water without disturbing it, the light of their spirits filling the stream with a strange glow. "Mostly any dragon would rather dance and sing with you then turn their flame against you." Her small smile returned as she gazed back to the filly, her eyes conveying the mixture of sadness for another's actions but also hope that she could impress the truth upon this filly in their golden depths.

"My home was invaded by a band of unicorns once," she said softly, sadness thick in her tone once more. "But unicorns also fought to defend it, and so I remember that my home was invaded by a band of creatures only wanting to inflict pain upon others, rather than the horns they bore upon their brows." The dragon-girl knew of racism, she faced it everyday, whether she knew it or not. But, being as strange as she was, it would have been hypocritical for her to hold such things against an entire race - nay, it was best to simply guard oneself against everyone until the other proved themselves worthy of seeing the golden heart that laid within her breast.
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
bioluminescence - by Asch - 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-13-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 08-14-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM