the Rift

[OPEN] bioluminescence

Asch Posts: 25
Deceased
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8 Months
Brit
Asch;

Apologetic bow of beautiful tiara only drove the knife of shame deeper into Asch's breast, hating the remnants of her own fear and what it had done to the lovely youth standing opposite her on the bank. Perhaps she makes amends, with her tentative re-approach to the damsel, as golden ears lifted in interest once more. Asch was not one to feel regret in any significant amounts, likely because she had never had any friends or acquaintances to disappoint in the past. However this time, her own crown dropped heavily to silently tell the draconic beauty, through body language alone, that she was ashamed and apologetic for her actions. Thoughtless and instinctive though they had been. Amaris still did not deserve such a reaction to being who she was, and from what Asch knew of the cruelty of others, she had likely seen such a reaction before.

Her invitation, choppy though it had been, was elegantly taken as Amaris dipped her hooves into the water and came closer. With fear no longer pounding in her heart and heating her veins with panic, Asch managed a nervous smile as she gazed upon the older girl. Without the horror, she could easily find peace in the clear differences painted on the hybrid's frame, could quite plainly call her beautiful and intricate in her own exotic way. Only further reason for shame, considering the massive differences Asch found the more she looked.

Sorrowful tone was foreign to the golden girl, and she let her gaze flit away like a tentative butterfly for a few moments. "It was not your fault, though I appreciate the sentiment," she murmured, vocabulary naturally intrinsic with Arah's sophisticated, scholarly mannerisms. Together, seeing Amaris turn to gaze at her companions, Asch mused over what she was sharing with her. Attempting to overcome that which had kept her chained to her memories of pain and terror. They certainly seemed harmless, frolicking about like happy fairies. Her gaze caught, Asch couldn't find it in her to be disrespectful enough to turn away once more, meeting similarly painted shades with her own.

"I have no doubt that the dragon's actions were caused by the desires of its bonded...it was merely instinctive fear, I never wished to insult you. You are quite beautiful," she offered, smile tremulous but far more sure of itself than previous attempts. The lass went on to speak of older times, and Asch felt it her just desserts to feel the tinge of shame at the horns curled round her brow, for she had inspired a host of surely negative emotions in Amaris with her thoughtless shrieking. Humming softly to cover the clearing of her throat in a more feminine manner, feeling as if she could not truly be herself in the presence of someone so mannered and elegant, Asch sought another topic that would not upset Amaris a second time. She'd done enough damage in the few moments she'd known the young dragon girl.

"Where are you from? I'm from the Aurora Basin, but I came here seeking an escape from my twin sister Arwen. She is my curse, my job, and therefore my only friend. I was hoping to meet someone else, and I'm glad I did," she whispered, suddenly shy despite the normally reclusive nature of her personality, hoping beyond hope that maybe Amaris could be that friend she so sought.

I am my own worst enemy
larfsalot @deviantart | sxc.hu
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
bioluminescence - by Asch - 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-13-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 08-14-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM