the Rift

[OPEN] party lights, late nights; [Festival Planning]

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer

The quenched minds of my horned brethren were quiet and well onto different matters as their many eager forms wrestled each other to split away from the crowd. Either that or they would halt there, like how the Frostfall winds reach out to pluck the remnants of a birch's leaves yet its attempts are all failures. I was one of those frost kissed leaves for a moment... softly gazing onto her graceful yet strong form as she wove her way down from the central hill within the valley and pointed in the direction of the lake's shore. My unused lips twitched for a moment as the gentle breeze brushed along my dark coat. I tipped my head to rest a glance upon Lena, who followed behind Lady Illynx with a same breezy-like posture, yet the way she strode with the silver kitsune accompanying her was much... how to say it..? With much more excitement. Could it be the festival? Is this what made her happy...?

I picked a quick pace myself, and wove my way through the tundra grasses towards the two mares. While the prickling sound of the stems crushed beneath my hooves, the dry vegetation brushed along my blackened legs with a slow, cool wind. Peeking down onto the grassy terrain I could picture the radiant sight of the silver snow, blanketing a thin veil, while creating a thick, untouched surface of ice upon the mountains that hugged this cold land. Honestly, this valley could likely be nothing more than a lot like the other herd's lands within Tallsun. A hot sun sluggishly moving along by the day... some grass over there and some grass over here... Basically a grassy haven for herds. My lips pursed a little at the thought of 'but by Frostfall...' and they immediately were brought down back into my casual, small frown. Unready for anyone to see a positive sign upon my face for today.

I approached the small group of party planners with swift steps and planted my hooves near Lena with a nod to her and Lady Illynx. My ears flickered forward as I heard the yellow streaked mare beginning to speak her ever so focused voice. My un-horse like eyes reached to grasp the sight of her as she spoke to me and the rest. Lets see... a large tent..? Not much of a problem, but still, tents needed to be well crafted and sturdy in these tundra lands. I would hope that Ulrik, if he is around, will assist me with establishing blue prints for a suitable 'party' tent design. Of course, and to help with the weaving part. My mind was so deep into thinking of parts of the tent that my ears only would now pick back up upon what Lady Illynx states, and I hear... dancing... Right. Have I ever danced...? No? Well I suppose it isn't too late to learn now... I swallow a lump in my throat at the thought of when that comes up within the Basin festival. How I will be standing in the unlit part of the grounds and watching with a lonely gaze upon the mares and stallions who will prance around each other. Sometimes I really hate how self-conscious I am.

I listen intently to Illynx's instructions with several brief nods in understanding and my saddened heart soon increases into a faster beat as a small grin picks its way upon my face. Of all the stallions. But I was excited, perhaps even as much as Lena, or the Basin foals who's faces lit up at the announcement of a festival. I had no clue, all I knew was that I couldn't wait to wander back within my retreat and begin turning raw materials into readied tools. I simply state at the small meeting, with a quiet, but sturdy voice "Of course Lady Illynx, I will begin preparations as soon as I get back. Lena..." I look over to her with a warm gaze "Would you perhaps be willing to assist me in collecting the plants we'll need? Perhaps getting a small party together to help?" After a moment, I wanted to add in that it wouldn't just be a scavenging group for fabric material but for herbs as well, so we could both benefit. But... I couldn't seem to find my voice as I waited for her answer.

[Image: farenjer_by_foxyfirewings-d6t57ac.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: party lights, late nights; [Festival Planning] - by Farenjer - 08-04-2014, 09:28 PM