[OPEN] Break Down
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

The waning light filtered through the dense leaves of the forest, casting speckled stars and dusty clouds in her path. Trees here were dense, close together, but the shade made the Tallsun heat bearable in the stifling narrowness. Once, long ago, she had a band of mercenaries used to meet here, plotting their intentions to take over a herd land, and they had succeeded. This forest held many memories, all of them talking to her left and right, whispering stories of the past in her mind. Cloven hooves carried her forward, wondering if any still remained here, hiding, wanting something more.

Her broken heart was looking for "more" - if it even existed. After seeing her deepest desires in that pool and knowing that they would never come to pass, something inside of her had broken, snapped. She could not even find the two, frayed ends anymore to attempt to tie them back together - the sinews had withered completely. Her father and mother had separated for some time, the Sun God no longer wanted anything to do with her, the Tides were destroyed, and peace was a petty thought, a dream for fools and a word of dreamers.

Few stars still sparkled on her horizon of endless night and the sun had not risen in years. She let out an exhale that did nothing to relieve the weight on her chest. The summer sun had started to slide faster down the horizon, bathing the leaves and grass in red, glinting in the dripping blood pattern on her silky tresses. The blood bath just before nightfall was where she belonged - between two times, two worlds and two bloods.

Tinek watched from a tree branch, having been hopping from limb to limb. He too was different, colder. When Ophelia was attacked, he had come to fully realize that the world was not a good place and that non one in it had good intentions. Even Osiris had broken her heart, and he had been a good man with a good companion. The God of the Sun had forced her to forget him, tainting the bond they shared until Ophelia had been brave enough to confront him, and he had hated her for it. What was there in this world for his bondmate? Why did even her good intentions turn so wrong?

The dragon spied something ahead, and he jumped ahead, wings stretch to allow him to glide while talons scarred the trees on which he ran. When he arrived at the scene, he felt his own soul go cold. Part of him wanted desperately for Ophelia to turn back, to force her to turn back, but the wiser half knew that she had to face this - just like she had everything else in her life. His only worry was that this would be what finally broke the Forsaken, the half of his soul he loved more than his own freedom.

Ophelia felt the change in Tinek, heard the warning, and approached with furrowed brows. Her step quickened, and she wished now that she could have savored every moment of naive bliss by slowing her pace. She stepped under the canopy of a small clearing of trees, and her heart shattered, the pieces too tiny to ever fit back together again.

Laying in the clearing, position strained, lay the half-decaying corpse of her mother. Soleil the Virtuous, fair ruler of the Tides and warrior queen of the Foothills. Soleil, the woman who birthed her and then served her when she lead the Grey. Soleil, the independent strength that inspired her actions. She was snuffed out. A blood gash still marred her chest where a horn had struck through, and her once blue eyes were shrunken, plastered in a white film.

Why had Ophelia not stayed close? Time wasted. Moments squandered. Lost in her solitude, she had ignored her family, family she had foolishly believed would always be here, ever a constant in the back of her mind, an immovable force.

Broken.

She stood, staring without seeing at the body, breaking down completely into nothing.

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

@[Ktulu] , @[Torleik]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Break Down - by Ophelia - 07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 08-05-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 08-11-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 08-23-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 08-28-2014, 01:46 AM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 10-04-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 10-04-2014, 03:16 PM