[OPEN] Break Down
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Her heart was a dark place. Tiny pieces of bloodied glass lay scattered on the frosted grass, leaving nothing but a white chasm quickly fading into sunless night. She felt not the dull and pointless beat of the organ in her chest. The breath from her lungs were shallow, acrid, and necessary. Beneath the ache and the pain was a pervading numbness that took over her body like the first snowfall of winter, enveloping even the smallest of senses in a blanket of nothingness.

Hush, feel no longer...

The breeze of the night moved past her, but she was frozen in time, staring at the corpse, the shell, of someone she once loved. Ophelia had seen bodies many times, but she had never once seen a body she loved in such a state. Those blue eyes had once held such life and advice, and now, they were nothing but shriveled raisins, white and staring lifelessly at the great beyond. Skin clung to bones with a stench that was the only sense keeping Ophelia grounded. Maybe, just maybe, she could not believe her eyes, but she would never forget and could never ignore that smell.

She could feel Ktulu tense at her side, the atoms shivering in the air, but Ophelia withdrew, deep within herself. The life within her eyes snuffed out to cold, her expression as vast and pale as the Frostbreath Steppe in the middle of Frostfall. What did this world offer to her now? Everything she loved had been taken from her, discarded, gone... She wanted to feel angry. She wanted to feel indignation over the unfairness of it all.

But she felt nothing.

Tinek pushed against the snowfall of her mind, but his shouts rang out through the mountains and over the white plains, reaching no one. The dragon cried out mournfully from where he stood next to the dead mare, exhaling snow. A soft, warm body found her back and purred, but it was little comfort now. She felt his shoulder touch her own, grounding her further, and she stared, unable to speak.

What words could she say now? What words did she have left? She was powerless in this world, a pawn at the god's whims, and nothing she could ever say or do would change that fact.

Her breath hitched despite herself, and she stared into the void, resting her head silently against Torleik's neck. She wished she could feel, in this moment. Anything at all. But nothing could break through the ice.

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Break Down - by Ophelia - 07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 08-05-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 08-11-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 08-23-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 08-28-2014, 01:46 AM
RE: Break Down - by Ktulu - 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Break Down - by Torleik - 10-04-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Break Down - by Ophelia - 10-04-2014, 03:16 PM