the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Of The Night [Cera]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Soft face is pressed to a slim chest, and he holds her there in a darkness she cannot create for herself in a desire for comfort like most others. If it is his touch that calms and soothes her, he will never remove it from her list of havens to run to when the storm weathers her soul too rough and jagged and cuts into her canvas like a vengeful assassin. There is nothing for him to reply to her with, as he holds her close to his heart, hoping she will gentle at the sound. Her mind is not an open book to him, even if her face were not hidden he likely would not have discerned the degrading thoughts slipping like slimy eels through her mind.

Her tension hurts him, and he nuzzles her slowly to reassure her that it is not through any action of her own that he is sighing. When he speaks she seems to slowly come to that realization, of which he is grateful. It is painful to think that she could ever be frightened of him. Even more frightening to imagine he could ever be so angry to inspire such an emotion permanently. His suspicions confirmed, he is careful not to sigh a second time as he breathes gently onto her cheek. "I know, Rasta. And it will take a long, long time for you to overcome that instinct. But know that I am not upset by that waiting time, sister. I will be here, always, to help you burn away those memories that keep you from the happiness you deserve. I will do all I can to help you see the light that draws so many to you." It is perhaps more simplistic than his previous spiels, but there is nothing more truthful that he can conjure up for her ears.

Shaking his head in soft denial, Ilaria snuggled closer to the golden girl and hummed in her throaty way. "You are meant to be what you wish to be, sister. Do not construct yourself around the whims of others. They have told you to be obedient, to be invisible. But they cannot touch you anymore. Spit on their memory and be what you want to be. If you do not want to be obedient, then don't. It is not easy...but like I said, I will be here, always." Would she ever be free of the ropes placed around her by others? Even with so many others aside from himself trying their hardest to saw through those bindings?

Her reassurance makes him laugh, soft and a tad dismissive. "I have much in my life already, Rasta. My Diviner duties, my sister returning from the shadows with a colt at her side, the wall to build...I do not have time to meet anyone whom I can fall into love with. And I'm not too special, all I have going for me is a good ear and some sincere words," he laughs, keeping the mood light despite how the truth resounds within the words slipping off his tongue. What he didn't truly reveal was the doubt that poisoned him from the inside. He wasn't worthy of love, and that fear was something he and Rasta shared. He wouldn't let her know of such things and bring up bad memories. Rasta's voice is rough but just as soft as he recalls before her quest was assigned, and at the allowance Ilaria gently places her paws upon the dame and begins to braid her mane with dextrous paws.

Cera's thin form shook with a laugh and he smiled into Rasta's shoulder. "I might just have to ask her to do my own after yours, then. Though I'm certainly not deserving of a crown, silly girl, even if it is made out of flowers." He likely would never rise above the rank he claimed currently, and he was rather okay with that. It suited him well. Internally he sighs when her voice drops. "Rasta, you will have your family. Even if your body does not agree, the Gods are favorable, and I will do all I can to aid you if it means they grant you the gift of a successful pregnancy." Maybe it's a bit of an abuse of his rank to say such a thing, but he would sleep night and day at the Veins, praying endlessly until he was granted an audience.

"Do you like to sing? What would you want your foal to be, a colt or a filly? Do you like songbirds or find them annoying?" He would ask a million questions, senseless though they may be, if it took her mind off all that had harmed her in the thousands of years she had apparently lived.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
!! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-08-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Cera - 07-10-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-10-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Cera - 07-10-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-10-2014, 01:20 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Cera - 07-10-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-10-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Cera - 07-10-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-10-2014, 03:25 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Cera - 07-10-2014, 03:49 AM
RE: !! Of The Night [Cera] - by Rasta - 07-10-2014, 09:15 PM