the Rift

Can't You Feel I'm Broken?

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada
"Arvakl?" A shaky voice cries, just loud enough to attract the nearest critter's twitching ears. Her sister had abandon her, just ran and left her there without even looking back. What had she ever done to deserve that kind of pain? Bright blue eyes shifted around nervously in the cups of a low-held head, hot tears still building up enough energy to break past the wiggling dam that coats both eyes.

The malnourished fae continues slinking through the nameless forest, an occasional trip over her own feet being the fastest movement that she dares to make; Arvakl, please help me. the insecure mare prays in her head, a stiff breath finally allowing the warm liquid to begin rolling down her scarred face. Soft sobs linger around the female as her nerves finally get the best of her, her heart aching to a point of what she had long ago decided to call heart-break.

The forest is so thick and lonely, and she only wishes to see the soft pink wings peek out from behind a tree; only then would comfort be present again. That, or - the thin chain that is twined tight in her large antlers clicks against bone as if it knew she was hurting - daddy. His gentle voice and ever sorry eyes burn in the back of the buttermilk colored mare's mind.

They always seemed to ask for forgiveness, his eyes, even if he didn't say it; she knew that he did not like what mommy did to her. Only, she never expected the outcome that she had witnessed. The bloodshed was nothing fierce, but to see her limp body on the ground was terrifying enough.. only daddy's voice and impatience was even more terrifying.

Every kick, hit, bite, and stomp that she had ever encountered was only brought on by herself, but they were always forced on by mommy while daddy would watch; she's fairly sure he was crying most of the time that something like that would happen to her, but he wouldn't stop it, or mommy would hit him too. "D-daddy? Arv?!" Her quivering voice reached out, this time likely more audible than the last.

Far off to the right, the sun poured through the branches high above, creating what looked like the picture perfect meadow in sunlight; dust twinkled and glided around like little fairies while the small green leaves that hung off of the skinny branches rattled in the softest of warm Tallsun winds. Her eyes still dripped, but the delightful sight caused a hopeful smile to play across her velvet-soft lips; there is always a beam of sun to light the way, after all.

Staying quiet and - hopefully - unnoticed, the battered female made her way toward the spot of light, her pupils dilating as the darkness of the forest began to fade behind her. The grass looked warm and very inviting, the rustle of the tender leaves brushing together soothing her tired soul; here, in the center of this small clearing, the young mare found a spot to hide away from her mind.

Her dark legs folded under her creamy colored body, the creaks and pops of time on her fragile body being the only sound to lay her ears back at. A soft huff of air left her body as she rolled onto her bony side, stretching out her face to lay it against the warm blanket of grass; here the fae found peace.. here the fae found the red hue of the backside of her eyelids and another dam to stop the tears.

Tags: None
Ooc:: Welcome to the terrifying world of Helovia sweet Addie!
"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Messages In This Thread
Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-26-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM