the Rift

Can't You Feel I'm Broken?
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
She didn’t respond to me, only stared on – eyes wide, unsure, and afraid for whatever reason. I settled and smiled gently, trying to ease this strange dove into finding her voice; or some semblance of one. I was no healer of the mind, though it was plain to see that this woman had been through something. A thing that might require more than just physical assurance. Yon basin mare spoke up again, offering encouragement in the form of wisdom and a suggestion.

I turned one favorable eye in her direction, crown starting to agree with a simply nod when our buckskin company suddenly broke silence to speak up. The words came out in a rush and were cut off. Instinctively this body leaned forward as if to assist, but feet remained firmly planted. The silver spools of magic soared forward, rising to the surface of concentration. Sand would have formed beneath the belly of our malnourished company, if the lass were to stumble and fall she’d not fall far.

Scars, bright and hideously pink scored her the softest points of her belly, my gaze softened further. So young, and already battleborn – though by the way she had cowered beneath our shadows, I seriously doubted an even fight was the result of those marks. Pity covered my appearance but it was compassion that slide forth when that antlered skull turned aside. “There is a healer not far from here,” I said tenderly, “Ye would be welcome at Hidden Falls and could receive treatment before continuing on,” either she’d be reached or not, either way I wouldn’t abandon until some form of security had been met, “My name is Midas.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-26-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 08-01-2014, 01:13 PM