the Rift

[OPEN] Spiders and dragonflies

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
Faeanne

I was up later than I supposed I should have been, but for some reason I had been unable to fall asleep under the watchful gaze of Papa Ruske and Momma Eva. It wasn't that I felt uncomfortable or even that I was wide awake, I just couldn't sleep with all that was running through my innocent mind. I kept replaying the scream that had torn from my tiny lungs the day that my birth mother had decided I was no longer worth the time it would take for her to raise me. So she had drug me away from the Edge, away from the safety of the herd that had allowed her to live among them and birth two bastard children, and then deposited me in the Threshold with creatures who knew her but had no relation to myself.
It was a horrifying experience, one that I hoped would be erased from my memory as I grew older along with the picture of Aurelia's ivory and gold bodice. Soon she would just be another face in the crowds if all went as I hoped. One day I would be able to thrive, thinking that I had always been wanted, always been adored by the ones I called momma and papa. An easy smile tugged at the corners of my gold dusted kissers as I looked over one feathery shoulder at the two who had claimed me as their own to raise and cherish. But for tonight, I was going to wander aimlessly throughout the lands of the Edge, safe within the embrace of the cracked glass wall that was soon to be down.
As my thin, clumsy limbs carried me forwards I would occasionally flip out my wings and crash them against my sides just so I could feel the light flames licking against each individual feather as the heat began to fester between my slender sides and the underpart of my star speckled wings. I wandered over towards the cliff that marked another boundary of the lands, my innocent mind not thinking of the horrors that could come along with the cliff side. Instead, I saw it as the perfect location to enjoy the stars that I had grown so enthralled with watching. Something about the sheer amount of them, the beauty, they way they lit up the world was exhilarating and just exciting. As I drew closer to the cliff I noticed a grey figure illuminated by the moon light standing closer to the edge than I normally would, his forelimb extending occasionally to knock something over the side of the rocks.
"Do you think that hurts the rocks?" My soft girlish voice made it's way carefully to the stallion, full of wonder over whether or not the rocks would feel pain as we did. White pupiled eyes grew wide as I stepped a little closer to the grey stallion with the strange white dragon roosting on his back, I stayed far enough away that he wouldn't have such ease at using me as his next skipping stone.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Lace]
Words;; 512
Notes;; <3

Image Credit

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Spiders and dragonflies - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Faeanne - 07-11-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Faeanne - 07-11-2014, 10:21 PM