the Rift

[OPEN] Spiders and dragonflies

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
Faeanne

It was almost as if the black faced grey had known that I would make an appearance sometime that night while the moon's gentle rays illuminated his already pale body, when he turned to face me as my young, girlish lyrics were forced into the warm Tallsun air there wasn't a single ounce of shock painted across his mask. For a brief moment, discomfort boiled in my veins as I wondered if the stallion had seen me long before I saw him, but I dismissed the paranoid thoughts as quickly as I could when logic settled in and I decided that the stallion had heard the beat of my infantile hooves against the soil that turned rocky the closer to the edge of the cliff you got.
I watched silently as the stallion turned away from me for a moment, his limb striking out once again to send another stone to it's peril at the hands of the sheer drop of the cliff side. I cringed at the sound of the stone smacking against the rocks that were securely connected to the surface of the Earth, at least they were secure for now. "If it does, the rock does a very good job at not showing it. Maybe it has accepted the pain as something inevitable... Life is full of it, after all." As the stallion spoke his black mask turned back to look at me once more, his lyrics full and soft like that of a creature who had seen more than one would expect in a single lifetime. Was that how I sounded to others? Like a being jaded by the one being that was supposed to love you as long as you walked the Earth and possibly even longer?
My skull bobbed up and down twice in a nod as I agreed with the stallion, if the stones were hurting they were not protesting much at all at being thrown over the edge of the cliff. But then, it would be quite the sight to see a pebble grabbing onto the stallion in vain efforts to not become airborne. The stallion spoke much truth in his statement, life was full of pain. Chuck full of pain in fact, so much pain that I, as merely a weanling had felt more pain than some would ever feel in their whole lifetimes. I quickly swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat, there was no way I was going to let my emotions get the better of me right now, not in front of the moon lit stranger. "Maybe the rock has just learned that protesting does no good.." My lyrics ended on a shaky note as I took a hesitant step closer to the edge of the cliff, of course if something horrible were to happen I had my wonderful star speckled wings to bring me back to safety. But then, what if today were a day they decided not to work properly?
"What do you think would be worse, falling or landing?" I mulled over the stallions words for a few moments, wondering about the answer long and hard before I would even allow my gold dusted kissers to part. In fact, I chewed on them while I thought, falling was merely life...it happened to all of us. We all had a time when we would be falling, whether it be in love, or from grace was a different story, and the answer to an entirely different question than the one the black mask had asked. A sigh escaped my body and drifted gracefully into the midnight sky around us as my ivory pupils adjusted so I was looking at the stallion rather than the horizon again. "Landing most definitely. We spend our entire lives falling, sometimes the falling starts a little sooner for some than others. But regardless, we are all falling at some point...so landing means death and death is the end of everything we know." I paused momentarily to take a deep breath before my kissers would part once more. "So landing is the worst I believe. What do you think?" My skull cocked slightly to the side as I looked at the stallion, who was still a stranger, wondering if he would agree with me or spin off in an entirely different direction.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Lace]
Words;; 726
Notes;; <3

Image Credit

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Spiders and dragonflies - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Faeanne - 07-11-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Spiders and dragonflies - by Faeanne - 07-11-2014, 10:21 PM