the Rift

[PRIVATE] i hear love birds are best when eaten raw.

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
Slinking through the trees around the glimmering pond is a being ravenous and cold, hardened by the realities of life. Life wasn't about the magic, nor the warm hearts that beat in unison between two lovers. It wasn't about the sweet fairy tales of a heroic knight racing to save the damsel in distress. It wasn't about romance or friendship. True love, courageous battles against the enemies, happily ever afters—

It was all a pile of shit.

He had only ever seen the days of darkness, the abandonment, the loss, deaths of hundreds. A mass genocide, and then a sweet little love story that ended with the two lovers dying, one of them slaughtered brutally and the other dying, heartbroken and oblivious of her worried son. He had felt brutal pain, felt blood between his lips, he had felt his heart break in two, and his mind become something dark and dangerous. He had dealt with heart break time and time again, the first time but a mere crack, and the last time his heart was demolished, destroyed completely.

The tainted mind wanders, gazing across the expanse of water to his left. Flicking back rounded ears he finds himself in a place he wouldn't expect. In the Secret Grove, where he could look out at the happy couples that wander together laughing and giggling with one another. How sick they made him, sitting there talking to one another about love, their future foals, silly things that made him sick to his stomach. Gods he hated them.

However, in the night on a humid Tallsun night, there appears to be no one strolling about the water but him. Standing beneath a willow he watches the fireflies flicker, leafy green eyes darting about as they capture his attention. Their vibrant bodies flicker and glow, dancing about his face and body, illuminating all that is around him. Tail slashes the air, snaking around his leg as he narrows his brows, pacing about under the willow with fireflies dancing around him.
"Talk talk talk"
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Messages In This Thread
i hear love birds are best when eaten raw. - by Tingal - 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM