Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

He hummed quietly after her voice had drained away into the peaceful twilight air, thoughtful and contemplative. The thought that she wouldn't go back to the Edge was odd, but then again so was his own decision to leave. Much like the seasons the chapters of their lives brought them to different places, and he supposed it was only reasonable for Amaris to seek out new things, desire new knowledge. For him, on the other hand, it was growing harder to change and shape his future. So much seemed to fall back on the things he had seen, or done, so that little by little the events of the past chained him onto a single road. Where it lead... he still didn't know.

"Dragon's Throat, you say" he sighed, half amused. "It seems it will live up to its name soon; Tandavi has gone there, you will go, and I am in half a mind to check it out as well. The Sun God appeared not too long ago you know; he told me to go seek out some horse or other there, and to help them with their crafting. It's a bit of an odd request, but I don't have anything else to do at the moment - might as well do as he says, so he won't come burn my back off again."

He laughed and shrugged, but didn't seem very upset at his lack of duties - the burned back was more of a sore subject. Wandering had always suited him, he enjoyed the freedom of the road in a way that made him restless and claustrophobic when confined to one place for too long. The time in the Edge had showed that all too well; he didn't play too well with crowds, and power went to his head right away. Knowing that his current destination was the same as the girl's made him feel slightly more content though, enough to bring a smile to his lips and ease away some of the anxiety he'd felt.

"But what is this about finding yourself, Amaris? You're right here, aren't you." A white-laced nose reached out to press against her neck, fondly and gently. "You are who you are, regardless of what you do. Herds and ranks and all that, it's only superficial. Your occupation in life will change - just look at me. I spent half my life as a soldier, only to be interred as head crafter once the Qian settled at the Edge. It was completely unexpected, I didn't have the slightest idea what to do... but it didn't change the core of who I was, the things that made me me. It's the same now; I went from king to vagabond over a night, and while some things have changed within me as well, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still Lace."

The stallion gazed calmly into the eyes of his ward, reassuring in the face of her desperate plea. "No matter what happens, regardless of whether you become the leader of your herd or end up as vagrant and homeless as me, we'll always be family. I care for you as much as I do for Tandavi, Semira or your mother; if you ever need me I will be there." Please let me be there this time, don't let me fail her again.

@[Amaris]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-12-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-12-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-13-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 04:06 PM