the Rift

[PRIVATE] sidera nobis

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
I stare, lost, helpless, into the stranger's gaze. The eyes that peer back at me are a muted gold, a hue that is probably like liquid fire when the Sun fills them with his light. But now they are desaturated in the dapplely moonlight, and reflecting the stars which glow softly upon my own coat. I peer into them, willing myself to fall deep, deeper into them, to find myself in there, to find something in there that might fix the broken shell of a pegasus I have become.

I shiver, cold, though I know the night to be hot and my skin hotter.

Lace, the name echoes in my mind, and I realise that before I mentioned the stars in his eyes, he has told me his name. My gaze refocuses hazily, and I see beneath the strands of pale forelock that decorate his crown, there begins the lines of a web, which stretch down the ridge of his nose and split into the likeness of a true spider's artwork. I reach out gingerly with my maw, my whiskered muzzle aiming to tickle the lines of the web, my lips yearning to taste his skin - though for what reason, I could not tell you.

He mentions the stars again, and I pull away, amusement burning behind my eyes as a smile lifts the edges of my mouth. "Do you like them?" I ask suddenly, wanting to know what his thoughts were on the matter of my appearance - it didn't matter that my appearance was rather lacklustre at the moment, coated with sweat, and with steam rising from my rump, I still felt compelled to arch my nape and bend in such a way that displayed my bodice for him to admire.

Then, quite suddenly, there is a Sun amongst us.

I blink, surprised at the sudden appearance of a fiery orb, the likes of which I usually associate with daytime or the presence of the God himself. As my eyes adjust, I see the gold lining Lace's broad back, and again, I feel compelled to reach out, to touch it, to taste it. Even I, in my fevered state, could appreciate the warmth this mini sun beams out, and beneath its glow I stretch out appreciatively, mimicking a feline who is just waking up, leaning back on my haunches and stretching my forelegs as far forward as they could reach.

When I rise to my normal height again, it feels like the world is tilting - or perhaps I was swaying. I smile, an eerie, comforting smile, at the stallion, and say softly, "I'll be your starlight if you'll be my Sun~".

Then everything goes black.

@[Lace] @[Tandavi]
bg - table
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-16-2014, 08:24 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-25-2014, 11:38 PM