the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to the Dragon Hotel [acceptance]

Samael Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Samael
Leaving Hamaliel had been terribly hard. It had been agonizing, as though I had left a piece of myself behind in that forest called 'the Threshold'... But at least I had left him with a piece of myself; a few ebony feathers from my wings, and I had promised that I would return to his side eventually. The World's Edge... It was something that my mind had replayed over and over in my head as soon as I had begun following young Sacre and his fox kit to the Throat of the Dragon, that I could easily go in search of my wayward lover...

But for now...

"... A little dry here, huh?" The question leaves my dry lips in dripping sarcasm, the icy-blue oculars of my eyes roaming and memorizing every section of cracked, scorched earth that we pass over. Normally I would have just stretched out my wings and would take to the skies, because traveling was so much faster that way, but alas. My traveling companion had been born with a horn, not wings, and while I was no experienced professional when it came to horns, I was nearly one-hundred percent certain that young Sacre couldn't fly with that crimson appendage that broke through the skin and hair of his handsome forehead... So walking it was.

Not that I truly cared, mind you. Walking enabled me to truly see this land for what it truly was, which was lots of orange-hued tones, dry land, dry air, and general heat... But it had a strange kind of beauty of its own. Perhaps not everyone was cut out to live in such an environment, and that I could understand, and perhaps not everyone saw the beauty of the land for what it was... But I did.

Even though the heat hadn't been too terrible among our journey to the Throat of the Dragon, I was quite parched and hungry by the time that the fresh looking oasis came into view. It was with relief that I stepped towards the pool of water, my wings sagging a bit from the heat and the journey, and dipping my head low I sipped at the cool liquid. Only when my tongue no longer felt like sand-paper did I lift my head, a few stray droplets of moisture dripping from the tip of my ivory snipped nose, and my gaze once more found Sacre. For a few moments I watched little Inari as the kit played within the grass, the creature's mind seeming to move a mile a minute, and if I hadn't been so exhausted I probably would have been amused by the red kit's antics. Clearing my throat, I addressed the crimson-splashed youth.

"So... This is your home, huh? Have you lived here your entire life?"

@[Sacre]

ooc: Sorry for the wait! xD

the Fallen
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Dragon Hotel [acceptance] - by Samael - 07-20-2014, 07:29 PM