the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chance Encounters

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I knew I shoulda trusted that cloud! Hot-damn!

I was making my way to the center of the floating isle in the sky, this thing pulling me like its life depended on my blind devotion—but then this other thing was pulling me differently, this thing in the form of my Bro’s voice, calling my name, needing my eyes—

--and I looked over and holy shit-snacks it was Mesec, that bastard I needed to see for more than one reason, a balm for something sore in my chest and the cause for another one—I saw him coming right for me, grinning like he always did and (not so) gangly like he always was and something around me snap-crackled and I guess I was kinda frying the space around me with my zapness but do you blame me? There he was! My Bro from a different ho!

And my eyes were wide and I screamed a little bit and backed away like I do, because I can’t handle surprises like this—but that was over in a moment and my voice was a roar as I beheld the black and silver bastard.MESEC!! I shrieked, bolting for him even as he made his way toward me; when I was little, I would butt my useless little stub of horn against him in way of greeting, maybe in his knee or clavicle or something. But obviously that was a terrible option for me so I settled with just kinda flinging myself at him, ramming my chest towards his own, trying to get close, trying to see him, touch him, make sure he was real (I was trying to hug him but horses don’t do that). He was my Bro and I needed him, but it wasn’t until that moment I knew just how much I really needed to see him.

So, for the time being (heh), I pushed the other stuff back down into my gullet. The doubtful godly stuff.

But fate wasn’t done with me. I had barely gotten into Bro’s space before I caught sight of another, away from us. The last time I had seen him, I had been waking up from a nap, a dream of harp-song; it had been so long, maybe even a year, since I had seen those big horns, those huge wings, that giant bod. And the elation that was surging through me struck another note, one that was more somber, a little disbelieving, a trifle surreal. “T…Toto?” I whispered, looking from Mesec, to the big figure, to Mesec again. “Is that Big Toto?” My voice, so loud just a second ago, had fallen to something whispered and hoarse. I step away from my Bro and my feet make me walk for the center, because Toto will be there and I’ll be there to meet him.

And there was another here that I didn’t know, some brat that wandered in to a scene she didn’t need to be in. I…didn’t know her. And yeah, I’ll be honest; I didn’t care for her. Here was my Bro and my Big Toto and everything was right with the world and would’ve been better if we were alone with each other—or, better, if our families were here, with Ma and Auntie Ktulu and—

--and maybe even Jiji, if she wanted to see me—

--and I kept walking for the center, my head whipping from Mesec to Hototo and back again, wanting them to come with me, because the only thing I could do was go for the middle of the isle. It was my mission. It was a destiny. But I didn’t know that, so. I mean.

Roskuld</style>

Messages In This Thread
Chance Encounters - by Random Event - 07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Roskuld - 07-16-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Aithniel - 07-17-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Hototo - 07-19-2014, 03:17 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Mesec - 07-19-2014, 08:11 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Random Event - 07-19-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Roskuld - 07-22-2014, 01:08 AM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Aithniel - 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Hototo - 07-24-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Chance Encounters - by Mesec - 07-29-2014, 09:21 PM