the Rift

[OPEN] !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It was nice to break away from the thundering cry of water and howling northern winds-- visit with the leaders of Dragon’s Throat and truth be told, already I missed them. Their home called my name, it yearned to see a child of earth return to his birthsake. Fina cooed softly what sympathy could be mustered from her perch upon my spine, “Be thankful for breath,” a saying that she’d often heard race through my mind. “Aye,” I whispered back for her ears alone. Be thankful. Earth had lavished us with blessing upon blessing; it did his name no honor to still morn for something that couldn’t be. Those days had passed, leaving me to hold precious memories.

I turned tired eyes toward the distant horizon, purposely looking far west. I wouldn’t have the time to linger in my thoughts for long, a belting cry rose from just beyond the entrance. It beckoned for an audience. A tight frown slipped across my face, patched limbs moved to draw this body closer to the high edge so I could peer over the cliff and catch a visual of whom had come to knock on our door. Edge folk by the look of it, just as they stated. Fina screeched, her predator cry was ear piercing and high pitched enough for my ears to slither back out of sensitivity.

Feathers opened wide, catching the wind and ballooning out. Fina soared from my spine into heaven, her narrowed gaze keeping tight watch over the visitors, their dragon and trouble that might arise. Sunkissed hollows beat with effortless grace and gently carried me down to the spot where our company presently stood. Seele emerged only seconds before my frame had trailed down, a greeting upon her lips.

Hind feet found soil first, gold spread in all directions before vanishing entirely as I stepped forward with both feathered limbs retracting back into their sheath. “Welcome, friends.” A cordial smile spread, chasing the frown from my lips momentarily. I greeted them as friends, mostly out of the history that our families had shared not more than two or three seasons ago. The moon folk had always been allies of dragons—many a kin of mine still resided in the edge. “I am Midas, the Czar of this land.” Titles. Titles. It took every ounce of willpower to not grimace as I used my proper title.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Quilyan - 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Seele - 07-20-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Midas - 07-21-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Oxy - 07-21-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Quilyan - 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Seele - 07-30-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: !! Domesticated [Leaders/Ranked] - by Midas - 08-04-2014, 11:02 AM