the Rift

[JUDGED] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya...

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
It’s funny, the way time seems to move in the heat of a battle. It passes in a series of short bursts and never-ending moments in turn, distorting your sense of reality. Such is the case when you see your enemy stagger under the blow of your hooves. As you watch with maniacal glee, time seems to slow, and one knee, then two, slam into the ground. An insane bellow swells above your head, and with brief surprise, you register that it is your own voice, clamoring in triumph over your fallen foe. Instinctively, you begin to rise on your back legs, snapping your wings out wide—he will see the full glory of your forefathers as you deliver the death blow!

But today, it is not to be. With startling abruptness, time seems to speed up, and there isn’t time for anything but a cold dash of sickening horror as the unicorn regains his footing, wheels, and sends his back legs flying towards you. His words are lost in the gut-wrenching contact between hoof and wing. You scream in pain as his flying feet push your outstretched wing backwards, straining the muscle past its normal extension. Knocked off balance by the force of the blow and your unsteady position, you land clumsily, cradling your injured wing to your side and thundering curses. A swift backward glance reveals that this wound is different than the last; there is no blood, only a few missing feathers, but it hurts like nothing else. “YOU!” The shriek is forceful, accusatory. How dare he! Not only has he taken your blood, but now he threatens your flight? You’ll kill him!

And that’s what you intend as you stagger towards him, but the sharp pain in your wing muscle and the blood that you’ve lost are beginning to take their toll. Your vision blurs, and you find that you can’t focus on his face…what’s happening? Shaking your head drunkenly, you swear, but it’s no use. Dizzily, you grind to a halt in front of him—that is, if he hasn’t moved from where you last saw him. It’s a little hard to tell when you’re lightheaded like this, but you want him to know that this isn’t over. “Remember me, scum,” you hiss, teeth bared, “Because one day, I’m going to find you…and I’m going to kill you.” With that, you stumble into the woods, nursing your tender wing. He will pay for this, you promise him that.

WC: 413

3/3 attacks, 1/1 closing defense
Summary: Gull begins to rear up when Rosti stumbles, but doesn't anticipate that his opponent will regain his footing and strike out at him. His wing is hit and pushed backwards into a painful overextension by Rosti's kick. Dizzy from the pain, he threatens Rosti before staggering off into the woods.

OOC: Lovely spar, Silk!
trouble just grew wings
Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 07-17-2014, 04:04 AM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 08-04-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 08-24-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 09-21-2014, 10:51 PM