the Rift

[PRIVATE] discovery

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Bubbly giggles only broaden the smile on the young lad's face, pleased to have made the pale doe laugh even if he didn't know her well. To spread happiness at all was enough for Cera. And even as they delve into deeper, more serious topics he never feels awkward, sharing his thoughts freely even while deeply considering them prior to speaking them. He was always one to think before speaking after all. It was a pleasant discussion, an intelligent one, and Cera was almost excited. He rarely got to speak with others, and to have anybody truly care about his opinions, his thoughts, was almost overwhelming. In an entirely positive way.

Nodding along to her amused recollection of the Sanctuary, his only frown is of contemplation as she speaks further. Rolling the words he could potentially say upon his tongue he bides his time and listens attentively, soaking in her opinion and the sway of her voice like a sponge. "I can't truly say I understand. Ever since I was a very young colt, I was immersed in the presence of the Gods. I call the God of the Earth by the title of Grandfather, and I have known him since my first memories can stretch. I serve the God of the Sun, equally. I think, miss Aurelia, that you must go and honestly seek their presence. Have you ever visited the Shrines?" He peers at her in honest curiosity, eyes dancing in emerald hues as they gaze at her.

"When my life became troubled, I would go and pray. I was always answered, in some way. The Gods do not demand of us, miss Aurelia. If they did, would they not be more like rulers? We would be slaves, obeying their orders. No, I believe the Gods are merely there to guide us. We have to make our own mistakes in order to grow, and that is what they want, for us to grow and become wiser." Is his faith in the Gods too strong? Maybe, but he speaks with a soft voice and a gentle persuasion, hoping to show Aurelia what he sees. Grant her the lenses of his vision for a moment. Whether or not she changes from his words is up to her, but he hopes she does not hold such bitterness for the Gods, if only because he wanted her to see how giving they could be.

"I don't think they expect us not to be greedy. It is in mortal nature to desire, to hunger. I think they do expect us to respect that they are the ones who grant us such power, and to show that respect when requesting it. Does that make sense?" Crown tilts inquisitively, hoping he is not confusing Aurelia with how he chooses to word his statements. Laughing softly to himself, amused that he cannot seem to grasp the right words, he wishes he could explain to her better how he feels since that is what she desires to know. "I have seen many greedy mortals achieve such power merely because they respect the Gods, and when they hold conference with them show such awe. We are at their mercy, miss Aurelia, and yet all they do is guide and aid us. Is that not enough for us to respect them? They are benevolent, in their own ways." Even if the benevolent ways of the Moon and Time Gods were rather convoluted.

Elation wells up inside of him as she agrees to walk beside him, smiling brighter than the sun as he turns and begins to match the pace of her hooves. Turning to peer at the sleepy-eyed panda upon his shoulder at Aurelia's question, he laughed. "This is Ilaria. She's a tad sleepy, or she'd surely greet you more thoroughly." As if enforcing his words, Ilaria peeked open one eye and chittered happily at Aurelia, bushy tail swishing excitedly over Cera's spine before she began to nod off again, a more nocturnal creature by nature.

Aurelia's story unravels before him, a picturesque painting hued by the shades of her perspective, and he listens with a quiet reverence as she shares such an intimate part of her history with him. It's quite an honor to be awarded such information so soon, and Cera cherishes the fact that he is apparently trustworthy enough to have it shared with him. Sighing softly he offered a smile and lifted the wing closest to the pale fae in an attempt to share a soft, consoling touch. "Old wounds sting deep and ache long after they are made, miss Aurelia. Africa likely felt abandoned, yes? So her perspective is colored by that emotion, and it is indeed a strong one. Maybe it is not a good thing, I cannot judge that, but attempt to see from her eyes. Celebrate that you will be allowed such passage, in time. I will certainly celebrate with you," he laughed, attempting to brighten the maiden's mood. His scar aches and he stretches his neck to loosen it, finding it odd that it should twinge when normally it only happens in cold weather. Shrugging it off he looks back to the path ahead, Ilaria's soft cooing snores making him smile.

"I'm afraid my stories are rather lengthy or I would share one with you." He wouldn't even know what to share, truthfully, but he would oblige her if she were ever interested.

Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
discovery - by Aurelia - 07-19-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-20-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-20-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 09-07-2014, 08:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 03:26 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 05:46 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 08-04-2014, 12:35 AM