the Rift

[OPEN] Chariots in the Sky

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
you hold the rights I'll never own
He’s glad to know he’s not the only one who was carted upwards by a puffy bit of condensation against his will, smiling now that the terror he’d experienced in the first few moments of the ride up was well behind him and the child before him seemed whole and unscathed having gone through the same ordeal. He’d doubted that the clouds were malicious as soon as he’d seen the floating land it had brought him to, but one could never be too sure; he remembered Vihar telling him that sometimes, the most beautiful things could be the most dangerous.

With a slight tightening of his chest he watches the boy prod at his gift, restraining his urge to step forward and swat the child away with his nose. Surely only a cruel and wicked child would break something that had just been proclaimed a self made offering to a God, and while he wonders as to how well the child of Shadow has fared since the darkness, he does not believe it was so bad as to sour his heart in such a way.

He keeps talking at the ground even though his words are aimed at Dragomir, and the stallion flickers an ear back in reservation at the odd way of addressing someone else. He could imagine how such a display would go in front of his father – it had happened a few times to Dragomir, himself, and its what keeps him from shouting about how its rude to not look at someone when you are speaking to them. The realization that the colt might be shy and uncomfortable making eye contact with someone he’d just met trilled through him with a stunning amount of discomfort and kinship all blended into one weird cocktail.

It was nice to meet yet another quiet soul when he lived among such vibrant and verbal people – but that it was the hybrid child of a woman he’d nearly killed (while she’d been pregnant with the boy, no less!) was a notion engrained with guilt and took much of the delight away that he’d felt when meeting Cheveyo, or Resplendence.

"It does, doesn’t it?" his deep voice rolls forth, the normally rich tones flat with the memories, needs, and instincts that reach at him. He still manages to smile and meet the boy’s eyes as the little fawn’s nose bobs up and down.

The conversation keeps his mood relatively dismal despite the cheerful colt’s presence and the effects such a cherub normally has on kind hearted folk; its that same dismal mood and his usual poor ability to decipher what people actually mean from what they say that let Kari’s lie slip by. Its better for Dragomir if he remembered, anyway – offering to help Shadow had made him a noble man of sorts and he preferred the child knew him as that person rather than the one he could be.

He’s out in his thoughts again in the brief time it takes the colt to slip alongside him in the most amiable of ways, his chipper voice striking Dragomir from his thoughts with a sudden swoop back into reality – where he finds Kari alongside him where he had not been before.

A surprised expression sweeps his face and he nearly jolts upwards from the shock, but he would like to think the twitch is quickly replaced by a smile that begrudgingly welcomes the boy’s presence.

He owes him as much, anyway – and besides, he still has that harness back home, hanging from one of his trees. Shadow and her kid had been put aside for happier things, even if it meant he’d failed Kahlua in the process.

Dropping down to grab the amulet, he quickly loops the tethers in the strands of his mane and looks out in the direction he’d been traveling in before Kari had stopped him. "I guess to see what all is on this island," he says, smiling as happily as he can manage with his head chock full of his hidden and dusty skeletons clattering away and laughing with their fleshless jaws over the sound of his large, multitoned hooves as he begins to walk out on the exploration he spoke of, "I wonder where it came from. It wasn’t here when I first came upon the shrines, that’s for sure."
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Messages In This Thread
Chariots in the Sky - by Dragomir - 07-20-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Kari - 07-31-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Dragomir - 08-07-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Kari - 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Dragomir - 08-24-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Kari - 08-27-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Chariots in the Sky - by Dragomir - 09-04-2014, 10:48 AM