the Rift

[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

The island in the sky was breathtaking. So high it was that I wondered if I might peer up and suddenly find myself looking into the eyes of a God, because this was undoubtedly their work, creating this little paradise that reminded me so much of my Vallhean home.

Every herd had their own place on the island, marked with colored banners and tents, an arena for warrior use, and several stalls that reminded me of the market held every morning in my old home. Here, the herds were all meshed together, standing upon foreign ground that belonged to none other than the godly entities who created it. However, I would remain close to the dark, glass tent that belonged to the Edge, occassionally swallowing my fear of riding those clouds that granted me flight to go back and assure the World's Edge remained safe and sound.

It was when I was returning from one such patrol that I noticed something different; voices lifting into song, voices that I knew and others I didn't, singing praise to the moon and her rule. A soft smile tugged dark lips back; my interest had always lain within the God of the Sun, but never had I been given a reason to dislike our Goddess. She protected us, ruled us, praised and guided us... And today, I would finally show my thanks to her.

By the time Suli and I had reached the impressive gathering, our King, my brother-in-arms, had finished his song. I passed by the pale form of a unicorn who, in my mind, was going the wrong way. I may not have known the horned lady with the crimson stained mane, and even if she wasn't part of the tightly knit family of the Edge, I saw no reason to shoo her away from the celebration. "Miss," I spoke up, my voice accompanied by a throaty coo from Suli as her violet eyes settled upon the silver form of another dragon, "You do not have to leave. Why don't you stay awhile? I'd be happy to provide you company. We could all use some."

As the voices around us grew quiet and their songs came to an end, my own mind worked as it recalled a song that Bran had often sang to me, to his fellow warriors, whenever we would settle around a fire beneath the moon's light. The memory clenched tightly around my heart and threatened to tear it right out of my chest, but I pushed past the emotion, only capable of doing so as Suli sent a warm save of reassurance through the bond. As she did so, she moved to my neck, clinging to the strands of crimped mane as the claws donning her wings worked to pull and braid it all together, before moving on to my tail, binding the hair together with the thick stems of leaves from the trees. I sucked in a deep breath so as to calm myself, mentally thanking her, and bellowed out the song I had always loved to hear Bran sing.

"I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight
I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade.

The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming.
My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming?
I bring you and I sing you a Moonlight Serenade

Let us stray till break of day in love's valley of dreams.
Just you and I, a summer sky, a heavenly breeze kissin' the trees.

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night.
I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight
A love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade."

"Speak."

[ooc - Des tail, and Des mane! :D ]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance] - by Destrier - 07-28-2014, 06:42 PM