the Rift

|| Gold Rush

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte
Grimmrot

Amid all of the panic and the urgency that has wrested control of my senses there is no room for shame when the sound of their laughter reaches my ears. Normally I would have come up with some bratty retort to their making fun of me, but the whole of my being is focused on getting someplace safe. I don't even stop to consider the odd stare that the creature is giving me; its claws have already worked some vine around my bosom, and I'm so shocked by this action that I no longer care. "Watch where you put those things!"

My voice is as filled with fear as it is with indignation, but I brush the feeling off with a shiver as my eyes take in the steep earthen wall. How on Earth did I get down here in the first place? It had seemed so easy then! A quick glance down at my raw legs and aching feet tells me that the climb back up will be nothing in comparison to getting stuck on that log. My muscles start to ache at the thought of it. Let's just get out of here.

Before I grasp the (hopefully) sturdy vine with my mouth I open it one last time to respond to the unknown lady's commands. "Believe you me, no one wants to be down here." Despite the negativity that my words give to the situation, I still do not regret getting stranded down here. Now that there is nothing else that interests me in here, however, my pools have grown tired of widening in fright. It is time that I removed myself from this place.

A weary foot plants itself at the base of the Earth's steep dimple, and I move the next ashen thing to initiate my climb. As I continue my advance up the wall, grunting and gritting my teeth with effort all the while, I can't help but think about what a day it has been. First, a long and boring journey to the forest I have found myself in. Second, the best discovery I've had since going on said journey. And now third, enjoying (or perhaps just tolerating) the company of two individuals that I've never had the pleasure to encounter before. Putting the "getting trapped down in some ravine and winding up stuck on some log" part of the story aside, it's been quite a fruitful day. Just look at the treasure that has come of this perilous adventure! I did it all by myself (okay, with a little bit of assistance) to boot.

As soon as I drag myself out of Earth's gaping maw I forget all about my dignity as a trader and collapse on the ground. My naves are working hard to provide oxygen to my quaking body when I remember that I am not completely unseen up here. Molten eyes flutter open and a striped head turns to thank my heroine, but I am gasping too much to speak. I wait until my heart is no longer hammering in my chest before my words spew out of my maw.

"Thank you, oh Gods thank you thank you. If there is anything that an experienced trader can do for her savior, please do not hesitate to ask!" I repeat my rushed offer of thanks inside my head, eyes widening when I realize that I gave up something much too great in value. I struggle to make amends of my hasty trade before either of the golden women can accept. "Well, of course not anything, for that is something I do not have...Although I reserve the right to refuse any of the items, favors or contracts that you may inquire about." Nervous laughter escapes my lips, and I roll my eyes as a wave of pain tears through me. I really need to get back on my feet.

Picking my aching body off the ground, I am sure to make eye contact with the pegasus. "You are exempt from this deal, for you did absolutely nothing to help me!" I throw my weapon up in the air as my head jerks back, advancing on the winged girl with quick, painful steps as my lips part to berate her.

"You owe me if anything! Your inaction could have had me killed!" I snap my stained head back to glance at the horned doe, reasserting myself as the diplomatic gypsy that I am. "You, however, are deserving of my mercy. What is it that you're doing here anyway?" What mercy I am talking about I don't even know. This solemn vixen could probably kick my ass to the curb before I could even shout, 'deal!'.

"talk talk talk"
{Let's get this lady out of a hole, shall we?! Ugh it's crappy, but threshold is draining my muse for her.}
Just watch my fire continue to burn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Code by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
|| Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-11-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-22-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-27-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 09-08-2014, 09:00 PM