the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tortured

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Paladin the Valiant could not keep his mind from coming back here, to this place. He knew something evil had taken place here - the blackness in his heart had told him so. How long had he fought against the darkness inside? The inky blackness that threatened to strangle his mind and take over? The wickedness of his past, though years and miles away, haunted his every waking and sleeping step, and now, at his age, he could no longer stand the whispers.

They hissed around him, echoing off the trees as they told him things he had tried so hard to forget. "Murdered that pregnant mare - shame! Son of the Crimson King - wicked heart, wicked soul - the youngest general in the army - bloodthirsty cruelty-" He tried to shake the sounds physically, wring his head around with a gasping breath, but they would not leave.

He was tortured just as he had tortured. Was his path for redemption not enough to outweigh his sins? Did the trail of blood he mopped after him keep flowing from beneath his tainted hooves? Why had he even tried so hard to set the wrongs of the world right if it would not save his soul from the depths of hell from which he was wrought? Once a demon, always a demon.

Even his title mocked him as "Valiant". Perhaps, in a way it was true. He was brave, fearless, a courageous, lionhearted instrument of evil. The most pure of his actions were even tainted. To set his bloodline straight, he had fathered four children, two of whom ran a band of mercenaries, one with the racists and the other who knows where. The taint was in his very blood, passed along now for even more generations.

Only the truly evil could bring forth such darkness out of the desire for purity. The stallion groaned and lunged forward, ramming his pearly, white horn straight through the body of a tree with a resounding crack, heart hammering in his chest. When he withdrew, body still tense with the aftershocks of impulsion, he rested his face against the bark, closing his eyes and wanting to close them forever.

"What have I done..." he whispered for only the gods to hear. "Why do I keep coming back to this place?" He looked around the Deep Forest, the sense of delightful and horrifying wickedness thick and tangible. He could even taste the bitter blood on his tongue.

@[Roskuld] , @[Psyche]
Paladin's final thread, most likely. Smithers, I know you wanted Roskuld to meet him, so you can post here too! Also, hopefully, some Psyche/Paladin half-sibling fun.

Messages In This Thread
Tortured - by Paladin - 07-23-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Tortured - by Psyche - 08-21-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Tortured - by Paladin - 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Tortured - by Giselle - 08-22-2014, 02:23 PM