the Rift

[OPEN] Thinking of you
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
brother my brother
He didn’t come of course and no god would aid my desire in this. Slowly I traveled up and down the hills of swaying grass, this candied barley barely satisfies hunger and allows mind to enter a state of nothing – in such a place that I could think of little else other than the act of eating, and feeling the heat of our sun blistering my sleek pelt. Dragon’s Throat lay only a few miles ahead, but I wouldn’t be going there today.

Instead fate planned a different visitor; an unmistakable girl was trailing the same meadow, nostrils flared when that recognizable female scent infiltrated my steadfast concentration on pulling out yet another strand of meadow. Her dappled body is a brilliant shine of unyielding firelight, masking the fragile girl beneath with a show of power – no other carried the Sun’s mark in such a way.

Africa.

Cranium rose from its lowered position, a thin trail of grass hanging from the rightmost corner; the blank sadness that had been etched in every slither of my being was slowly fading from sight. Replaced with a humble grin, conscious state of mind moving to hide behind a thickened mask that I hardly wore for less important company. Yar, yon sister wouldn't desire my disgruntled mood; besides, she’d had already bent her ear for my cause once before, I’d not have her do it again.

Ears flicked, my name on the wind. Her soft and soothing vocals offering a pleasing smile along with the title. She approaches and my ivory banner rises with the breeze. “Well enough,” grin draws wider, “and ye? Enjoying the final days of Tallsun before the rains arrive?” Africa appeared in a favorable mood, (though I’d not seen much of her displeasure.) Those pliable eyes shift, searching for something. Brows rose expectantly but I said nothing.
image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Thinking of you - by Midas - 07-25-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Thinking of you - by Africa - 08-13-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Thinking of you - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Thinking of you - by Africa - 08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Thinking of you - by Midas - 09-04-2014, 08:47 PM