the Rift

[OPEN] my heart is pierced by cupid; i disdain all glittering gold

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
Ryuu

Momma and Cera know much about the Gods. I often cannot comprehend the vastness of their knowledge, it all seems so strange to me. The idea of a God, it is overwhelming to me in my simple life. They surely would not be impressed by a tiny figure such as I...after all, they had stricken me with the fire embedded like hot coals in my hooves, punishment for my own uselessness. Even still I hoped, prayed that they were more benevolent than I feared. There was no true way for me to meet them, I wasn't so childish and bratty as to ask Cera to call the Lord of the Sun merely to prove to me that he existed. He had pressing matters that did not deserve intervention of a child such as myself, no matter how kind and infinitely patient he could be.

I was scared to leave. The last time I'd left herd borders had been when I resided within the Edge, and while I had found Momma that way, I had also become hopelessly lost and the journey had nearly crippled me with the agony I had experienced from using my hooves too much. I was scared of the pain, it haunted me endlessly, a constant reminder of all that was wrong with me and how useless I was. Momma didn't like when I spoke that way, so I kept the words hidden away inside, not wanting to upset her. But even with the threat of the potentially harmful travel lingering over my head, I couldn't withstand the curiosity that eroded my patience.

For a moment I considered asking Illy to come with me, but she would surely tell Cera what I was doing- whether intentionally or otherwise- and I didn't want to be stopped or babysat while visiting the Shrines. I knew I didn't deserve their presence but I hoped to be greeted by them some way, a selfish desire to somehow live up to their expectations. So, even though I knew I would worry Momma and very surely end up in trouble, I consoled myself with the fact that I had never been a bad child. This would be my first act of independence. Though I was certain Momma had not intended this to be my way of acting upon her suggestion to "get out there".

During my journey, I paused often. I feared every shadow and unnatural sound, Cera's scars a vibrant reminder of the horrors that lurked outside the borders. I would stand no chance against those beings, broken and frail as I was. Even if it would harm me I would rather hurry to the Veins I had heard of so often due to my incessant- in my own fashion of course, softly spoken as I was- questions. By the time I had arrived, having slipped from the borders under the shroud of blackness and night, abandoning the warm side of my Momma and regrettably submitting her to what would surely be a panic attack, it was a time past dawn when the skies were pink but not too hot for a summer day's approaching zenith.

The fire in my limbs dragged me down and I submitted, kneeling before the closest shrine and lifting my eyes to the softly glowing sapphire flowers in wonders. It would take a long stay upon the warm rock for me to be able to move again, my hooves sharply biting into my nerves for pursuing my desires. Staring up at the beautiful flowers, I prayed. I knew not the names of the Gods, barely knew their titles, and while I secretly suspected they would never show face for one such as me, I couldn't help trying to beckon them anyways. Sighing softly I dropped my head and curled up on my side against the rubble of the once majestic shrine, preparing to wait out the thick pain in my legs.

He's looking to meet any of the Gods, if any of the Admin are free! @[Aurelia] and @[Voodoo] are welcome!

leave me your stardust to remember you by
Image Credit

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
my heart is pierced by cupid; i disdain all glittering gold - by Ryuu - 07-25-2014, 05:32 PM