the Rift

Come dance with me ´´

Mizarie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Mizarie

The thick scent of the forest clung to my lungs as I neared the body of trees ahead of me, I wasn't quite sure what it was drawing me to the emerald green sway of the leaves atop a canopy of brown bark and unseen shadows, but I did not falter in my step as I moved ever closer, step by step.
It wasn't until my frame entered the ocean of trees and other shrubs that I could take in the full extent of the trees, the tall menacing towers staring down at me with unspoken words as their leaves danced gloriously in the wind; something I had always been intrigued by since a young fae.
My dark brown hues sparkled from beneath a lock of black hair as I walked through the forest, head up looking at the way the light dappled through the leaves. A bit silly of me really, as I had no true idea of where I was going, but this was a thought that crossed my mind vaguely and was pushed aside when I spotted a beautiful bird flutter through the canopy, causing me to halt momentarily and followed the bird with my eyes.
Lowering my gaze to the area around me I found myself standing on some well worn soil, where ever I currently was it must have been a well traversed pathway, I guessed it led somewhere interesting and, glancing back the way I came briefly, -which was at the moment just a speck of golden light where the trees vanished into open mountainside- I picked my heels up and moved off at a leisured trot, my curiosity getting the better of me.

Ears focused to the sound of my hooves drumming on the worn soil, I picked my legs up elegantly when a root protruded from the ground nearly causing me to loose my pace, but my sharp thinking brought me over the root without much of a trouble, I decided though to slow a little further on as I still had yet to find where the trail led to and I could no longer see where I had come from.
Breathing in the air I took in the heavenly scent of the forest, what stood out most though was the scent of recently disturbed pine needles, now to anyone other than me, no one would have really spotted that detail or thought otherwise, but I had spent nearly all my childhood living within the safety of the forest that I knew by now when something had been disturbed and when something had not been disturbed. The scents and the sounds of the forest was like a whole second language to me.
I followed to where the scent grew stronger, and sure enough I found some pine needles on the forest floor, some snapped from where a large animal had passed by, I saw some small fine hairs on where one of the branches had once been and sniffed at them, but I could not tell if the scent belong to one of the local wildlife, an equine or a predator. I was not worried though and instead turned to move back onto the worn down soil.

Sometimes when you win, you lose..
Image Credit| Table by Sevin

Messages In This Thread
Come dance with me ´´ - by Mizarie - 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Lace - 07-26-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Mizarie - 07-26-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Lace - 07-26-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Rasta - 07-26-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Mizarie - 07-26-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Lace - 07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Rasta - 07-26-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Come dance with me ´´ - by Mizarie - 07-27-2014, 05:51 AM