the Rift

[PRIVATE] exercitatio

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Healed. I was whole again. The past few weeks had been a rollercoaster of pain, fever and fog. Finally, I had a chance to sit back and simply bask in the Sun's radiant light. But I never took these chances - they left me too buzzing with energy by the end of the day, too awake to fall asleep, too alive to close my eyes. I spent the hot, humid summer's day moving, living, never stopping. My fitness was important to me, as I went through the exercises my father taught me, I held him and his instructions firmly in my mind. As I held the wooden shaft of his spear in my mouth, it was easy for me to pretend he was still here, a worthy foe for me to contend with.

I leapt here and there, my tail swaying sideways before whipping up as it acted like a counterweight, a natural balancing aid for my stocky frame and broad wings. I leaned on my haunches, driving the spear point-down into the dried ground, grunting as it resisting going more than a few centimetres deep. Pulling it free again, I tossed it into the air, high, cantering forward to catch it again expertly a few strides ahead. I took a leap again, flapping my wings to give me more lift, twisting my body so that I did a complete turn in the air before landing again, and continued cantering back the way I had just come from. A sharp buck was thrown in, and I tucked the spear back into the folds of my wing while in motion, something I knew I needed to practise more so that I didn't waste precious seconds stopping my motion all the time.

The spear's absence in my mouth allowed me to breath easier, so I powered on through my exercises, looking very much like a bird flailing its wings about. It was all in the name of fitness, of taking one's mind off thoughts that would otherwise cloud it. So focussed was I, I barely noticed the sets of eyes that had settled upon my sunny hide, and I would never know whether they were friendly eyes or not until they made a move..

@[Lace] up to you if you want the eyes to be his/Fajira's or something more sinister ^^
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    exercitatio - by Cirrus - 07-27-2014, 08:26 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 07-28-2014, 07:13 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 07-30-2014, 12:19 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-11-2014, 09:48 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-12-2014, 12:04 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 08-19-2014, 01:09 AM