the Rift

[PRIVATE] exercitatio

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
My heart pulsed with the beat that pumped blood throughout my body, my ears pounded with the same pressure. They were pinned against the poll of my nape, a habit I was intent on making permanent during any physical altercations, thanks to my experience with Rostislav that resulted in a partial degloving of one of my ears. Thanks to the healing fire of the Throat's current Physician, the scars were invisible on the skin, but the lesson was well learned and remembered.

Movement blurred the motion of my limbs, and I danced as if you were by my side again. Your dark frame matched my own moves, your strong, muscular jaws snapped and harried at my heels, encouraging me to move ever more forward, faster, with more energy and fitness ever being generated.

But you weren't here with me.

What was snapping at my heels then?

A harsh snort erupted from my nostrils, as fear suddenly jolted my movements into overdrive. Cerulean orbs flashed and rolled in my skull, as with a panicked glance I recognised the form chasing me to be of feline descent, not canine, and not in any way friendly and playful. Swiftly, I strike out with a hind leg as it leaps, claws outstretched, teeth flashing, and grunt as a sharp, flinty foot hits the skull of the beast. Flourishing my wings and whipping my tail to and fro, I take to the skies, breathing heavily as I escape the clutches of the hungry wildcat.

I was lucky to leave the scene unscathed. The long, dry grasses below me swiftly swallowed up the form of the feline, and I breathed in relief, happy to leave the wretched creature behind.
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    exercitatio - by Cirrus - 07-27-2014, 08:26 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 07-28-2014, 07:13 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 07-30-2014, 12:19 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-11-2014, 09:48 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-12-2014, 12:04 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 08-19-2014, 01:09 AM