the Rift

I can hear the sounds from another world.

Valor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

the moonchild
VALOR

Pale moonlight bathed overexposed skin, stars twinkled upon their beholders eyes. Steel fur, and hibiscus eyes tied together with far reaching undulant ink-like mane. A snow-kissed nose lets out a puff of steam into the chilly, summer evening. Long whiskers hold water like morning dew in a spiderweb. Humming noises trickle from his lips, snorting and nickering between the nervous verses. Light feet clop back and forth against the roots sprawled across the forest floor, pacing back and forth in the never ending race against the colt's own mind.

Alone. Nowhere to go. I should never have left my tree. He thought. The willow, he closed his eyes to remember, It meant safety, it meant home, it meant his parents. Those whom were never forgotten after abandoning him to the the bark of the tree. How had he survived, no-one will know, all that mattered to him was that he was here now, breathing.

Life had slowed to each heartbeat for the colt, carefully examining each breath before releasing it back to the world. Trying to find a trace of a scent to his willow, his protector. But all he could taste was the lingering ash that still clung to every pore in his body. His protector had died, without a word, without a funeral.

The edge of his dilemma was taken off by his lack of sleep. His eyes desperately peeled open, trying to stay alert in foreign territory. The pacing slowed into a dragging, hesitant walk in a straight line, only slightly shifting to accommodate the looming pines, guarding his path.

New worlds are empty, no memories to come with them. No baggage, a clean slate. All that is from the past is to be forgotten.

ooc :: uggh first posts are so hard to get started :/

the language of my world

"the language of my mouth"

I've always been chasing ghosts.
CHASING GHOSTS

Messages In This Thread
I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM