the Rift

I can hear the sounds from another world.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
The pegasus mare has taken some time off from the island in the clouds. Indeed, it is one of the most magnificent things she has ever seen, but truth be told, she needs some time to clear her head. She took off soon after Kahlua had asked her to be Seer, hoping that a flight would do her some good. And the cool air does feel good. Though during her time on the floating island she has been nearer to the sky than she ever has for the longest continuous time in her life, suddenly, Nasreen cannot get enough of the light breeze and the gentle support of the summer thermals underneath her wings. She flies hard, she glides, and she even lands from time to time, but she instinctively keeps moving, for she’s frightened that if she lingers, reality will catch up to her. She has just accepted a position that she feels she is dreadfully unfit to take, and she doesn’t really want to dwell on the potential consequences.

She has been gone for a few days, and in her wild flight, she’s starting to develop some half-baked notions of finding Th’orqui—to really find it this time—when exhaustion finally kicks in, and she circles wearily, looking for a place to land. After her usual clumsy tumble to earth, she picks herself up and pushes on, not really sure of where she’s headed but still unwilling to stop. Thus, the sight of the Threshold takes her by surprise. She hasn’t been back here since Kahlua first found her alone and trembling, still reeling in shock from Amaya’s death. But Nasreen would recognize these woods anywhere; they are stamped on her mind as her first memory of Helovia. Suddenly, the sobs she’s been holding back for the past two days come clamoring up her throat and streaming out her eyes. Kahlua had taken her in here nearly a year ago, had offered her a home and a friendship and a place on her very own royal council, and she is about to mess up so badly…it is all too much to bear. Nasreen cries as she walks, sniffling until the tears blind her and she is forced to stop. She proceeds to spend a good hour alone in the clearing, passing her time in this manner until she has cried herself out and is able to trudge onwards.

It is then that she sees the colt, ambling along ahead of her. At first he looks so much like Kahlua that she stops with a teary hiccup and a squeak, afraid that the black and white figure will turn around. However, she can’t help but wonder how her friend managed to beat her here—was it more magic? Had…had the moon goddess herself sent her? Her breath catches in her throat at the thought, and she hiccups again guiltily. “Kah?” she calls ahead, “I’m sorry.”

OOC: Welcome to Helovia! Hope you don’t mind Nasreen crashing in with her mascara running ;)

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Nasreen - 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM