the Rift

I can hear the sounds from another world.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Much to her surprise (and to her chagrin), the face that swings around to study her is not Kahlua’s. Unsure whether to feel relieved or embarrassed, Nasreen settles for another apology—though this time for a completely different reason. “Oh…” she half-whispers, ducking her head self-consciously, “I’m sorry, I thought you were Kahlua.”

To her relief, the boy (for that’s what not-Kahlua turns out to be) does not appear offended; instead he accepts her murmured apology with ready, albeit stuttered, forgiveness. The unsteady cadence of his voice makes Nasreen hope that she has not startled him by calling out—or worse yet, with her tears. Hastily, she tries to collect herself, snuffling once or twice as the colt continues, explaining that he’s lost. Immediately her heart goes out to this young stranger, for she knows the feeling all too well. She opens her mouth to offer to help him search for his lost home, but only a tiny hiccup comes out. So much for composing herself.

However, just when all hope of redeeming herself is vanishing, the boy gives her the opportunity. “I’m looking for a home,” he admits, and behind tearstained cheeks, Nasreen’s face lights up. That she can help with, she thinks brightly. Even if you may not be able to call the Edge home much longer, a little voice in the back of her mind reminds her gloomily. The stranger must see the pain that twists across her duo-tone face, for he inquires gently, “Are you okay?”

His kindness, especially in the face of his own distress, nearly moves the girl to tears again. Unfortunately, there is no short response to his query. While ordinarily, she would have burdened whatever stranger who had asked with the entirety of her sorrow, the lad’s nobility has inspired her, and Nasreen does not wish to add the weight of her problems to the heaviness that must already tug at his heart. So, she only gives him a noncommittal shake of the head and a light shrug before doing her best at a reassuring smile. “Everything will be all right,” she replies, half to herself and half to the boy. “If it’s a home you’re looking for…or, well, a home you’ve lost…what I mean to say is, I know a place where you will be welcome,” she tells him, moving closer. “I was lost here once, too,” she explains sympathetically, “but Kahlua—for she’s the queen of the Edge, that’s the place I’m talking about—offered me a home while I look for my own.” The mare’s eyes grow soft at the memory. “Of course, I’m sure you’re welcome to stay for as long as you’d like,” she adds hastily, in the case that the stranger is looking for a more permanent place to rest his head. “I’m Nasreen, by the way.”

OOC: no worries, he's a cutie!
@[Valor]

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Nasreen - 07-29-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: I can hear the sounds from another world. - by Valor - 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM