the Rift

Internal Storms [Jaydan/open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

I release the air, allowing Jaydan to move as the murder dissipates form his eyes. After all, my grab at his wing had successfully toppled the gelding as if he had been nothing but a small foal. I would like to note this for further use when battling such winged opponents, but the opportunity rarely came about. Most of those with wings were my kin, residing her under my rule. This was nothing but an unfortunate circumstance I would rather forget and not relive. It was not in my nature to hurt a fellow herdmate, and even as the stallion bounces of covered in red dust, I am regretful.

However, Ophelia, the mare of pristine white had already rushed to my side at the moment of escape, and I stood before her, shorter and stouter, but with a deadly look of seriousness as I peer out at Jaydan. As the gelding approaches, a roar erupting from his chest, I extend a protective wing across the body of Ophelia, but it turns out to be an unnecessary action. Whatever demons had taunted Jaydan into attacking his own herdmate had vanished, and his eyes had begun to see more clearly.

My face remains an immovable stone, though, even as relief washes over my body and I let down my feathered appendage to rest easily on my back.

"It is alright, Ophelia," I say reassuringly, speaking in an uncharacteristically soft tone, my blue eyes not leaving the form of the blue jaybird who stalked forward. This word "troll" began to be tossed around entirely too much for my taste. This blue gelding, it seemed, was completely fucking mad if he thought that the elegant figure of Ophelia resembled the gnarled creature I associated with a troll in my mind. I snort heavily, expelling the red dust that mingling in with my lungs in the aftermath of the scuffle. So much kicked up dust over some hallucination. I could almost die of exasperation with the folly of the situation, but instead I remain standing tall, looking at Jaydan with clear blue eyes.

Even if I was confused, it was obvious that this gelding was either suffering from his past or was trying to cover up attempted murder. Were it not for the frantic words of Ophelia, I might have thought the latter. "Jaydan," my voice is strong but still calm, trying to retain some of the softness granted to the unicorn mare. "You were attacking Ophelia, not a troll." I swing my head back in a motion toward the wounded and bleeding side of the girl before looking back expectantly. "Look for yourself."

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 08-27-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Kri - 09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Kri - 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM