the Rift

Internal Storms [Jaydan/open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

Pounding hooves, a sharp cry, it all echoes in my mind. My drooping head raises in alarm, half asleep my thoughts wander back toward the day of the cataclysm, the cliffs uprooting themselves and hurling boulders at their once beloved occupants. I shake my head, listening as the call unfolds in the desert, trying to locate which direction it comes from. My ears twisted on top of my head until it catches on the wind, and then in an instant I am in motion. My hooves pound heavily on the sand to get the speed I needed before pushing harshly up on my hind end, wings slamming down heavily to pull myself in the air as I tug at the wind to give me speed. The calls were dire, whoever was calling for me, and I had no time to waste on pure physics of movement.

Blue eyes remain on the ground below, searching for frames of bodies, and in the gleam of sunlight I see a white canvas with red. Ophelia, I note with apprehension. Had someone discovered her sneaking in their lands and chased her here? I knit my brow for a moment until my eyes anchor onto a body of blue. Jaydan, the strange gelding whom Onni said lived in Isilme briefly, chasing after her, deadly intent in the speed and posture of his body. "What in bloody hell?" I say to myself before tilting my wings harshly downward, wing sliding from behind me and falling forward, a rush of air to warn you before my hooves crash into your body. Downward I drop, like a stone in the sky, until I catch myself some few feet from the surface and drive forward, my own blue eyes gripped in a deadly lock of bloodlust on Jaydan's body.

I drive in from the opposite side of Ophelia from which he attacks, barely grazing over her back, jaws wide open, aiming to firmly grasp one of the splayed wings of Jaydan as he reaches to jab into Ophelia's side. With any luck, my teeth with hold, and I can jerk him off balance. My jaw locks shut, with or without a wing in tow, and I drop my left wing harshly to swing my body around in the air, back legs preparing to meet with the soil below. I skid in a mess of sand, plumes of orange swirling in the air. My eyes lock onto the blue figure of Jaydan as wind whips around me madly as my blood boils with rage. The air around Jaydan begins to condense, pushing inward toward his body, like invisible claws holding him and making movement more difficult. My mouth snaps open to release a command it would be wise to heed, "Enough!"

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 08-27-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Kri - 09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Ophelia - 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Jaydan - 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Internal Storms [Jaydan/open] - by Kri - 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM