the Rift

Why am I so alone...

Neptune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The lanky colt walked carefully through the forest, his light hooves barely making a sound on the leaf litter. Sunlight glinted through the overhead trees casting fragmented shadows. He lifted his head scenting the air, but could sense no other creatures around in the area, or that had been around recently. He had been wandering alone for such a long while that the days had seemed to all blend together forming one big jumbled memory. The last of his kind that he had spoken to was the mare who had saved his life just a few days after his birth. And then she disappeared after three months. And he had been alone ever since. Not that he minded it that much. He sort of enjoyed being o[/align]n his own and not having to watch out or constantly worry about a companion. Not that he had much experience. Just two days after his birth, he had been savagely chased away by the lead stallion of his birth herd, Kaname, when he found out that he wasn't his blood son. Then, weak and starving he had wandered off until he was too weak to move and found refuge in a cave. Then a old mare, Gretta, who had just lost her own foal, took pity on him and saved his life; let him drink her milk, and protected him. He had even started to see her as a mother when one day she disappeared. Ever since then, he had been content to wandering on his own. Until a few weeks ago...He had gotten an urge to talk to someone; to have a companion, or even a herd of his own. Admittedly he did get lonesome at times. It could be boring, walking around with only the thoughts in your own mind to talk to. He hoped that most equine herds were more friendly than his birth herd. He wondered what land this was, if there were any other equines here. And how he would act if he met another one. He had absolutely no idea how to behave or be social with other equines.

A snapping branch brought him back to reality. Startled, he jumped back, expecting a predator. But it was only a bird. Snorting with amusement he kept moving forward through the tall trees. He had barely spoken to anyone during his whole life, except for the rare one he would pass by on his travels with a mere, "hello". He took a deep breath. The air smelled clean and fresh. This was so far one of the nicest places he had passed. He wondered who controlled it. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he suddenly broke into a frisky trot, letting out his excess energy. He trotted a few paces, and then started a slow gallop. His long legs easily ate up the ground, and the trees whizzed by him. He lost track of time, just focusing on his steady pace. He would worry about his troubles later.

Messages In This Thread
Why am I so alone... - by Neptune - 08-01-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Dröm - 08-01-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Dröm - 08-02-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Rei - 08-02-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Neptune - 08-02-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Rei - 08-02-2014, 10:54 AM