the Rift

Why am I so alone...

Neptune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The wind whistles in the colt's ears, and his long mane is whipping in the wind behind him. He can feel the muscles stretching and warming up in his legs. With every stride he takes, he feels is taking him farther and farther from his troubled past, for some reason. His bay neck has broken into a light sweat. His long legs easily cover the ground and he feels as if he could gallop on and on infinitely. He notices an odd shape or something out of the corner of his eye. Suddenly a feminine voice calls out, "Hey! Wait up." Her voice almost gets lost in the howling wind in his ears, but nonetheless he screeches to an awkward halt. Leaves fly everywhere and his hooves have left fairly large imprints in the ground. Heart hammering against his chest, he spins around to face whoever called out.

He starts with surprise as he notices the golden colored mare. He backs up a bit, noticing that he is a bit ahead of her. Suddenly embarrassed at his less than graceful stop, he blinks and looks nervously at the ground. This mare holds her head high, and he can already see a confident gleam in her eyes. He senses that she is something important. He bows his head respectfully at her and says softy, "hello. It's nice to meet you. My name is Neptune. Are you just passing through like me?"He pauses awkwardly, wondering if he should say anything else, and wonders if she is a lonely outcast like himself.

Suddenly another voice rings , "have you caught up to him yet?" Neptune startles and stares through the trees trying to find the newcomer. How many more must there be around here?, he thinks to himself. He goes to say something when he gasps in surprise. The newcomer is a spotted mare, and she has wings! He tries to refrain himself from staring through the trees at her. He has never seen other species of equines before. He looks quickly back at the golden mare, and wonders if she has seen winged horses before.

Messages In This Thread
Why am I so alone... - by Neptune - 08-01-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Dröm - 08-01-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Dröm - 08-02-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Rei - 08-02-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Neptune - 08-02-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Why am I so alone... - by Rei - 08-02-2014, 10:54 AM