the Rift

[PRIVATE] Leatherbound

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"I'm sorry, so, so sorry," I murmur in a hushed voice, as though the half eaten doe could hear me even in death, and who really knew -- what if her soul could? I hadn't killed the poor creature, nor was I responsible for the poor condition of her corpse, and though it was nature simply running its course... I would never not feel some sort of remorse for taking advantage of their misfortune.

Then again, my craft would ensure that they were not completely forgotten, that a piece of them would live on and remain in what I created. I cherished every little thing, every smooth strip of leather, every trinket and treasure crafted to my will... all of it.

Before me, a small bag was slowly beginning to take form, one that I would meld into the thick leather I wore around my neck. With it, I would be able to carry small amounts of pretty rock, feathers, or anything else that happened to catch my eye on my travels. The operation of it was fairly simple, opening up with a tug of my teeth and closing with another tug on the drawstring I had fashioned around the opening. I was proud of my work, but before I could step back and admire the soft pouch and finish it all, a voice sounded, and I was promptly sent to my rear in a tangled mess of flailing limbs.

I didn't have to be on the outside looking in to know I looked a fool, and if I were capable, I know my face would have been red from embarrassment as my eyes sought the grey form of a tall, horned mare. No malice came from her, and quickly I accepted that she must be friend rather than foe -- and easy thing for me to do -- and though I was embarrassed and wanted to bury my head in sand, I pushed myself back up to my feet and gave a good shake to rid myself of any dust or grime that had collected on my hide.

"Y-Yes," I stammered, my embarrassment even more prominent than the surprise that this stranger knew my name, and it was only as I looked up into the giant's golden eyes that anything but mortification crossed my face. Now, I looked confused, and curious. "I... I am Finn, miss. But... Who are you? Can I help you?"

"talk"

[ooc - Sorry for the wait, love!]
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-26-2014, 10:32 PM