the Rift

Past & Future [open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
Kri the Resolute

I notice the strange body posture with which Hector holds himself as he walks. The vague expression on his face is also a clue that I use to deduce his mind is probably trapped in a realm far from my eyes, the realm of the past. This was a place that we physically escaped with ease, but whether or not we could truly ever leave it behind in our minds was an entirely different and difficult matter.

My wings tilt downward gracefully, without much thought behind the motion. It was repeated countless times in my lifetime, so natural as if I was breathing in oxygen. Flying was something that took me less active concentration than walking. I am a child of the sky, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Feather make a soft hum in the air as I descend, my back hooves extended and prepared to touch down, making for a quick and efficient landing. Perhaps lacking style, but I was not here to impress. Only foolish young foals thought that aerial tricks were fascinating, as any competent adult could easily pull them off.

Unless they were my daughter - her flying was shockingly atrocious.

My hooves call forth a plume of dust as the red sand lifts in response. The air quickly clears, even as I make my way at a saunter toward Hector, his bright orange mane gleaming in the sunlight and beckoning me toward him. “Hector,” I say, my voice friendly, but not overly so. “You look downtrodden, brother.” I extend a feathered wing toward his shoulder, the tips of my feathers to brush his coat gently before I recall the motion with a look of quite sympathy. My face then returns to its normal, hardened exterior, as if the softer face had been nothing but a short lived mirage.
""

venomxbaby, Dracoart-Stock, SalsolaStock

Messages In This Thread
Past & Future [open] - by Hector - 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Past & Future [open] - by Kri - 08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: Past & Future [open] - by Hector - 09-03-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: Past & Future [open] - by Kri - 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM