the Rift

[OPEN] The gods will know
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia could not bear to look upon the sun and feel his judgment light to rot inside her soul. She looked down at her hooves which stood upon the edge of the precipice, and she shoved rocks down into the ocean below. Not once did she cast a sideways glance out of temptation, for she knew all she would see was pain. With a heavy sigh, she turned, facing the vast expanse of Helovia. The mountains she loved and to which she escaped were so far away now, barely white caps in the distance, and she longed to be closer.

The flutter of wind through wings caught her attention, and she looked up and over to see that Gaucho had landed nearby. Neither eyes nor heart betrayed any emotion. From the length of the conversation, she assumed that he had gotten what he needed, that the God of the Sun had been merciful. The thought of his mercy was enough to break her to her knees, but she let little show through her strange, dual colored eyes and her carefully schooled façade.

He spoke and she listened. She had learned as much that Mauja had attacked Guacho and Midas, but why, she did not know. She supposed that she could reach into his mind and find out for herself, but that seemed rather cruel now. Ophelia did not expect to see apology in his eyes, as much as she would have appreciated more than just a simple explanation. Did he truly think all unicorns were the same, that his unbridled and undiscriminating rage was justified just because his home was attacked? He was wrong, but she accepted it nonetheless.

Why did she help him? Simple. Because she had a desperate and pathetic need to love and be loved and yet a crippling inability to commit or open to anyone. She was her own worst enemy. In response to his words, she simply shrugged, copying his gesture and smiling wryly. What was she supposed to say? That she wanted nothing more than the approval of those around her? That she was weak and he was wrong? If she needed anything, she would call on him, and she nodded once. “Thank you.”

Ophelia stared back at him, her eyes unyielding and walled. She bowed her head back and then started the journey north once more.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
The gods will know - by Ophelia - 08-06-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Gaucho - 08-10-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: The gods will know - by God of the Sun - 08-13-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Ophelia - 08-15-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Gaucho - 08-15-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: The gods will know - by God of the Sun - 08-20-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Gaucho - 08-21-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: The gods will know - by God of the Sun - 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Gaucho - 08-23-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: The gods will know - by Ophelia - 08-28-2014, 02:02 AM