the Rift

[OPEN] Shot In The Dark

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

"Approach with confidence, smile, talk--but don't talk too much." Rei prattled out a list of tips she had made for herself for recruiting in the Threshold. "And for heaven's sake at least try to read their facial expression." The last one was made with the thought of the stallion she had met who had given her that piece of advice. She wondered what he had thought of her at the end of their meeting. Did he think of me as a fool? She wondered somewhat glumly. First impressions meant a lot to the pegasus and it was hard for her to accept the fact that everyone that she met may not think well of her. Which is what brought her back to the Threshold. It was the land of opportunity whenever it came to first impressions. I can keep on meeting newcomers here until I befriend one! Prancing through the forest a sly smile grew upon her face.

Her venture into the Threshold was a bit frustrating today. Everyone who had wandered in was already preparing to head off for their new homes with another Helovian. It warmed her heart to see so many happily going to their new homes but she wished to be a part of the excitement also.

Her breath had caught in her throat as she glimpsed a unicorn speaking to a tigress. The big-cat would certainly be someone to meet! But hearing how quickly the unicorn's voice could go from sickeningly sweet to hair raisingly menacing Rei had moved onward.

Persistence eventually paid off, excitedly she watched the form of a winged unicorn approach and land near where she stood. Unipeg? Pegihorn? Peguni? She wondered what title the mare claimed.

"Hello there! I am Rei. And this land is Helovia. You will come to adore it. It is a land that offers so much opportunity to those who enter its borders." She smiled warm enough at the mare that the smile itself had the possibility of breaking the ice between the pair.

"Have you came from far? If you would like you could rest here while I keep you company, and if you enjoy it enough I could guide you to Dragon's Throat. It is my home." Her pink lips opened to say more but she remembered one of her own tips. Don't talk too much. Stay cool. Mentally she chided herself. "I can do my best to answer any questions that you may have. I know whenever I first came I was full of questions. I still am." She laughed gently and nibbled at the sweet grass at her feet. A new season was upon Helovia and she wanted to satisfy her sweet tooth on the last of the remaining delicious blades of Tallsun grass. Plus she didn't run as high of a risk of running her mouth if she was busy chewing.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Rhea - 08-06-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Elsa - 08-07-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Rei - 08-07-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Dröm - 08-07-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Rhea - 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Elsa - 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Rei - 08-16-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: [OPEN] Shot In The Dark - by Rhea - 08-19-2014, 06:47 PM