the Rift

[OPEN] fly like a bird through the night

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
Faeanne
tell me it's over, I don't want you to hurt

I was quickly growing tired of the spotted colt who I had hoped would become a friend such as Erebos, but something about him was off-putting. I wasn't quite sure if it was the way that he seemed bored with our conversation, or the fact that he hadn't really attempted to keep the conversation carried on at all. Or maybe it was the cool way he pretended as if I weren't there when the large black beast had invited himself to our awkward playdate. White pupils drifted away from the odd colt and instead focused on the tall brute who stood before us, two could play the ignoring game and from now on the dark steed was the center of my attention.
"It's so that real monsters won't know what I look like. You gotta be careful you know; if they know your face and your name they might come find you when you're asleep and do horrible things..." The talk of monsters definitely had my child-like imagination running full-force as I wondered over the many different kinds of monsters that had to rule the world. The world that we creatures believed to run, but in reality we were all ran by the fear of the monsters that lurked in the shadows. "How do you think I lost my eyes..?" As the final sentence fell from the stallion's sooty kissers his eyeless skull turned towards me as if to give me a warning about how easily I offered my name into the air that surrounded us...you never knew who was listening. I couldn't help but allow a soft gasp of surprise to escape from my own jaws as I stumbled back a step away from the tall beast who spoke nothing but horror stories.
Of course had I not been so tangled up in his tales I may not have been so gullible as to believe that monsters had taken his eyes. But at the time, it seemed logical. The muscles in my neck shifted as I swallowed the lump that had began to form in my throat while the colt began to ask questions of what kind of monsters there were in the world before asking if there was anyway to put another creature's eyes in his empty sockets. My gold dusted skull shook ever so slightly as long, pale lashes settled against my cheekbones as if they would save me from the horrible fate of my odd looking eyes winding up belonging to the dark stallion who stood before us. But I was easily distracted, drawn back to the reality in which I still had eyes that I could see perfectly fine from even with their pigment deformation, by the mysterious stallion's deep voice that boomed through the cold air around us.
"What are you kids doing out here anyway? Don't tell me you've gone all this way on your own...?" Harks swiveled forwards as my slowly growing tail smacked against slender hips and the ends of my star dusted wings before my shoulders rolled up into a shrug and dark kissers twitched to make room for the words to escape. "I was just exploring, I have no family to care where it is I go..." My voice trailed off with the realization that the monsters could take me away from this world, stealing my soul and not just my eyes as they had stolen from the tall stranger, and nobody would miss me. Nobody would even notice I was missing.
What a sad reality it was that I had found myself in.

"words."
Tag;; @[Morir]
Words;; 597
OOC;; ;__; I'm sorry for the long wait guys!
x - x

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
fly like a bird through the night - by Adelric - 08-06-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Morir - 08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Morir - 08-12-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Morir - 08-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Faeanne - 09-20-2014, 03:02 PM