the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
 ranjiri & ryuu

so while you're outside looking in, describing what you see remember what you're looking at is me

I can't remember a time when I've ever been happier than when I was when you were by my side. I didn't need any other companionship other than the little foal that I had rescued off of the beach, as far as I was concerned.

The day had started off much like any of our other days had. I woke while you were still sleeping next to me, tucked under my wing. I've always suspected that my wing felt something like a shield to you, guarding you from the heat of the sun and from the eyes of anyone that you wanted to hide from. So long as you wanted the protection of my wing you would have it. I waited for you to wake and when you did I took you to the lake and let you soak your hooves in the cold water to ease the tenderness. It always seemed to help you when you did so.

Our days were relatively quiet because you rarely spoke. I learned to read your body language and understand what you wanted. I knew when you looked at a certain object then back to me that you wanted me to explain what it was and I would, to the best of my ability. You have to understand that I was still young and was still learning about the ways of the world, myself. I may not have been the smartest to mother you, but I tried. I remember hoping that what I was able to teach you would be enough and that you would not be disappointed in me for my own shortcomings.

After soaking your hooves we went about our daily routine of grazing together and resting together when I suspected your hooves began to ache. That particular day we wandered much father than usual and ended up on the beach. The air seemed to be cooler there thanks in part to the ocean. I remember being on a much different beach when I had been about your age. I remembered running and playing with my mother's bear companion. It was not the first time that I wished that you were able to play without pain. My thoughts then drifted to the Foothills that had been my home and the healers there and I thought I remembered them speaking of salt water helping with inflammation and I thought that, perhaps, the salt water would be good for your hooves.

"Follow me." I murmured and led the way to the ocean. It was to my knees and I turned to give you an encouraging smile. "The water feels good. I bet it'll feel good on your hooves." As I waited for you to make your decision I took notice of a stallion and a fox. "Hello.." I called over to them, but they did not retain my attention for long because they were not the center of my world. No. My world was standing on four spindly legs on the beach with me.

"Jiji speaks."

"Ryuu speaks."

@[Ryuu]
@[Voodoo]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Voodoo - 08-07-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ranjiri - 08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ryuu - 08-20-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Voodoo - 09-10-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ranjiri - 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM