the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
 ranjiri & ryuu

so while you're outside looking in, describing what you see remember what you're looking at is me

"Father."

Its hard for me to describe exactly what I was feeling right at that moment when I heard that word pass your lips, but I'll try. I was glad that we had stumbled upon one of your parents but at the same time I was terrified that he would take you away. He was your father and had more of a claim over you than I had, if you could even call it a claim. I felt as if I had been stabbed in the heart because I quickly became convinced that my fears would become a reality. He would whisk you away and you would forget all about me and I would be nothing more than a blip on the radar that would become your life. Surely he would know where your mother was and bring you back to her and give you all the more reason to forget about me. Then more fears arose. If he did take you and bring you back to your real mother how long would it be before she abandoned you again? Would someone else find you that would take care of you or would succumb to mother nature and your memory be washed away in the tides of life?

My fears gradually turned into a stony resolve that I would not let this stallion take you away just because he sired you. My ears tilted back as I watched him walk toward us. I am no fighter by any means. I would rather turn and run from a fight than have to endure it. I am a wimp, I know this much, but there's something about having a child that can turn a mouse into a lion. I looked to you when you did not immediately run to him and, instead, pressed closer to me than you ever had before. It gave me the verification that I needed that you would stay and that chased away my biggest fears. Call me selfish if you will, but I didn't want you to leave. I wanted you to need me... no... I needed you to need me. To give me purpose in a life that had never before had purpose.

I lowered my wing to shield you from view. "He's been here with me for several weeks now. Ever since I found him abandoned on the beach." I answered the question that your father posed to you because I didn't think that you would answer. I had spent enough time with you and had learned to read your body language even when I wasn't looking at you. I could feel it in the way you trembled beneath my feathers that you would not answer. The trembling was all I needed to spur me into movement. I shifted my body so that you would be turned away from your father, Voodoo is what he called himself. This way I could act as more of a buffer between him and you. "Ranjiri." I said when he asked my name.

"."

@[Ryuu]
@[Voodoo]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Voodoo - 08-07-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ranjiri - 08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ryuu - 08-20-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Voodoo - 09-10-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ranjiri - 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - by Ryuu - 10-03-2014, 08:36 PM