the Rift

Time for change. (basin, others?)

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
A knowing smile seems to dance upon the mare's face. She can smile all she wants, and think whatever she wants. I don't particularly care. I let my tail tap upon the ground, twitching. What does she want from me? She lays out the understanding of what my residence would require of me. It's not that complicated, and not that unexpected. Defend the borders. Well... I have no care to protect those inside unless something is offered to me, but I am a territorial creature by nature. Don't eat those in the herd. I ponder that. I'm not sure any of them are truly worth saving, but then I haven't met any but this one. Would this mean I'd have to leave my territory to hunt? I'm sure the same rules would apply to Zima. Perhaps we could just hunt pests and varmints that live in the Basin, and venture out for bigger prey. It might not be very good for keeping the peace, though, should we need to move to.. well, you can make an educated guess, can't you?

To my surprise, she seems to understand that I would need more than just simple "loyalty" to defend the borders, and extends an offer of a free meal in exchange for my fighting power. Good. That is something I can agree to. I hope only that she will not forget the promises she makes. Benefits of friends... Amusement lights in my eyes, but I don't laugh. Is she serious? When has a tiger ever longed for a friend? True, I have one. A very close friend. But that is simply not our nature. We are solitary creatures and thrive on it. That being recognized and understood, a community might be good for Zima. As a pack animal, I am sure she gets tired sometimes of only me by her side. I get the feeling that this Aurora Basin houses some more... ruthless types.. and perhaps they would be willing to hunt with Zima, even if they cannot eat what she does. I roll my shoulders and examine her closely with narrowed eyes, wondering what her response might be to my last condition.

"Very well. But -- " I leave a moment of suspense, making sure she is listening before I continue. "If I find this Basin to be satisfactory, I will want to bring my friend, Zima. She is a young wolf, around my age. If you do not agree, you will not find me within your borders on any friendly business." A veiled threat. Not one that I intend to act upon for any real reason, but certain enough that Illynx will know that I mean business, and this condition is nonnegotiable.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Saffron - 08-07-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Saffron - 08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM