the Rift

[OPEN] cat has got your tongue; [welcoming]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I have followed the unicorn in silence, watching her tail dangle and swish back and forth. Helovia seems interesting enough as I pass through it, but I'm sure there is much more to see here. My amber eyes are wide as I examine the landscape, enjoying the trees but even more the lessening heat as we move to the entrance of a valley. The cool air is refreshing and provides so much relief to my body. Though having my summer coat helps, it does not completely rid me of such an annoyingly high temperature. As my body cools I let my tongue return inside my mouth, my jaw closing. I no longer have the need to try so hard to cool myself.

Soon we have reached a narrow entrance to what I assume is the herd land. I continue my lazy pace behind Illynx until she comes to a stop, and a young hooved one appears. I stare at him, and he stares at me - but I am clearly more passive than he is. My tongue slides over my lips once as I think about what an easy meal he would be. But he is clearly part of this herd, so I will not touch him. Besides, he's rather cute. The young ones always are. (And not nearly as meaty as their elders.) He introduces himself to me as Rikyn, and identifies himself as the son of the queen Illynx. And son of the Engineer? I do not know who that is, and though I find myself curious, I am not curious enough to ask. I glance up at the sentinels that surround us, and I'm impressed. My nose and whiskers twitch as I look up at them. They are impressive and rather intimidating - they must do well as guardians of the land. What on earth would the queen need me for?

Trophy? Probably. As long as she doesn't kill me and hang me up for show I don't mind. I glance back at the foal, Rikyn. "I am Saffron." His excitement is tangible, but I admire him for how well he manages it. I'd say we are fairly close in age. I move through the opening into the Basin and look around me, taking in my surroundings. Ah yes... this will suit me quite well. I let my tail swing back and forth slightly and watch the area, then look back, waiting for the equines to join me.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
cat has got your tongue; [welcoming] - by Illynx - 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: cat has got your tongue; [welcoming] - by Saffron - 08-08-2014, 02:49 PM