the Rift

[OPEN] cat has got your tongue; [welcoming]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

The humor of horses is so strange, but certainly curious to observe. They are so, sassy and snide to each other, but seem to take it in stride. I find that my sense of humor is... well... I'm not really sure. I don't make jokes that often, unless it is with Zima. My mind wanders as the golden and queen sneer at the departing mare and turns instead to thoughts of my beloved Zima. I miss her snowy white pelt and her constant companionship. This is already the longest that we have ever been apart, and I wonder if it was wrong for me to have left her. She can certainly fend for herself, but I feel that I've sinned by leaving to find us a better home. No, this must be for the best. As soon as I am confident that all is well, I shall go back for her and bring her here with me.

When my attention returns to our gathering, I find that more are leaving. The Queen, herself, and her son have turned to go, offering me kind parting words. They mention bedding down, and I look to the sky to see with surprise that the sun is indeed setting. It's always surprising how quickly time flies, especially as winter nears and the sun sets earlier in the day. Before she goes, she warns me of the treaty with the World's Edge. Of course I do not know anything about this World's Edge. I think to myself that I should acquaint myself there, so that I know what the smell is like and can identify it. I nod my head, taking her warning into consideration. For now, at least, I shall try to follow the rules, though it is clear that Illynx places less emphasis on saving those in the Edge than those in the Basin. Of course, this is natural. She departs, and I look over at Thranduil, who also seems to be ready to leave. He invites me to find him any time I like, and the way he says it sounds almost.. flirty. A low chuckle slips past my lips, almost inaudible. "I shall. Good evening to you, Thranduil." His name rolls again on my tongue as I savor the uniqueness of it. As he departs, I start my way toward the caves, wanting to seek out the smells of those that live here, identify those scents, and learn those that need to be spared from my fangs. And then, perhaps I too will lie down for the evening and rest up.

WC: 430

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
cat has got your tongue; [welcoming] - by Illynx - 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: cat has got your tongue; [welcoming] - by Saffron - 08-25-2014, 10:40 PM