the Rift

[OPEN] a parliament of crows

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

Your companion huffs at the name of the demon queen, and even from the sound of his simple response, you gather that he shares your low opinion of her. The hovering skull disappears into the black hole, and for a moment, you almost expect him to walk off, as if the mere mention of their would-be leader has disgusted him too greatly to linger. But no, he is only descending the rotunda’s steps, and you turn to face him as he approaches you. “Best for her that she keeps staying away, after leaving us in the wind like that,” he mutters darkly, confirming your suspicions. A promise of violence quickly follows, and you shiver slightly—you do not envy Confutatis her fate, should she ever return. Even after descending from the platform, Morir still towers above you, a black shadow looming out of the night. Everything about him, from his rattling death-mask to his name (which you recognize from your own tongue), screams destruction: a formidable foe he’d make indeed.

“You don’t care for the Regime any more, do you?” he asks sharply, pulling your from your thoughts. He reminds you of your absence, consistent with all of the others, and though you know he cannot see you, you shake your head wearily, the glass trinkets in your mane clinking softly. You will not deny that your trips to the rotunda have stopped as of late, as soon as you’d made up your mind that Confutatis was as good as dead. And you’d tell him as much, but a part of you still isn’t sure whether or not this is some kind of trap—a hidden test of your loyalty perhaps? You wouldn’t put it past him.

Thus, you decide to tread carefully, still uncertain as to what his intentions are. “I’m afraid I have been rather scarce as of late,” you reply, “I’ve been seeking a certain golden stranger who’s…taken something of mine. I want it back.” You statement is simple, if not bitter. “But why should I care for ghosts, monsieur? You too have been away,” you venture lightly, testing the waters. “Do you come bearing news from our leaders, or has the Regime truly ceased to be?”

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-08-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-11-2014, 04:51 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-19-2014, 04:39 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-30-2014, 04:15 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-27-2014, 12:54 PM